From scavenger hunts for a self-guided field trip to classroom activities that will enrich your classroom curriculum, the Zoo has a variety of resources for you. All resources are developed by grade(s) and are aligned with the Georgia Standards of Excellence.
Are you coming to the Zoo for a Field Trip experience?
Explore the many options for field trips at the Zoo!
Field Trips: Self-Guided Materials
Use our Explore Guides, which will direct your students’ self-guided exploration of the Zoo.
- PreK – K: Move Like an Animal
- 1st grade: Animal Needs
- 2nd grade: Primate Seed Dispensers
- 3rd grade: Animal Adaptations within Georgia Regions
- 4th grade: Animal Adaptations within Georgia Regions, African Savanna Food Webs
- 5th grade: Animal Adaptations within Georgia Regions
- 6th grade: Water Cycle
- 7th grade: Interdependence on the African Savanna
- 8th grade: Electromagnetic Spectrum
- 9 – 12th grade: Keystone Species
Explore all that Zoo Atlanta has to offer.
Check out this year’s Education Poster to enhance your curriculum by encouraging your students to look to nature for inspiration.
Learn more & download the poster
Cases for Conservation
Bring the Zoo into your classroom.
Cases for Conservation are boxes filled with curriculum, biofacts and other unique Zoo-related materials that can be checked out from the Zoo for a two-week period.Learn more
Zoo Atlanta is thrilled to offer free admission to a limited number of Georgia Title I Schools for their students.
Schools can choose from two programs in the application:
- Self-Guided Field Trip at Zoo Atlanta
- Virtual Zoo Exploration – 60-minute, Zoom-based program (one class per session)
- Wild Walk – 60-minute guided tour with Zoo Educator (up to 120 students)
Teachers, check out these events just for you!
Zoo Atlanta welcomes educators with two events a year, Educator Appreciation Day and Educator Soiree.Event details
Field Trips: Self-Guided
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! This program is part of our Sponsored Admissions offerings.Learn more
Field Trips: Zoo Challenge
Enhance your field trip to the Zoo by signing-up for a Zoo Challenge program led by Zoo Atlanta Educators.Learn more
Take a walk on the wild side as Zoo educators lead you on a guided tour through the Zoo.Book a tour
Learn all about wildlife and wild places without leaving your classroom.Learn more
Educators save on Memberships To obtain your discount, call 404.624.5662. Support conservation and research efforts at the Zoo and around...Learn More
Ivan - Wild Within
In this 45-minute program, students will have the opportunity to see photos and video and hear recorded stories about Ivan’s upbringing and time at Zoo Atlanta from Jodi while engaging with a live Zoo Educator to answer questions and learn more about gorillas.Learn more