Wild Walks: Schools & Groups
Take a walk with a Wild Guide and get a personalized understanding of the Zoo’s animal ambassadors and how we care for them. During this one-hour experience, a wild guide will engage walkers with facts, stories and information about the animals in our care, as well as share details about Zoo Atlanta’s conservation efforts and ways you can help save species.
Effective August 1, masks are strongly recommended to participate in this program but are not required. By the request of the school or group, the Zoo Atlanta Education Team will adhere to a school’s or group’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. Program is 60 minutes long.
$16.99 per student (includes Zoo admission)
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free, additional chaperones pay student price.
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 – Maximum of 100 per session
Because of the extent of walking, these tours are best suited for grades K-12th.
STEM Wild Walk
During this guided experience, participants will explore how these four disciplines are key to Zoo operations, as well as how animal adaptations have inspired innovations that benefit humans. From the engineering of enrichment for the animals, to digitally mapping animal movement to design more adaptive robots, there’s much to explore. This tour will highlight the work of our animal care staff as well as our ongoing research with external partners.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for all guided programs is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to this program.
- Group leader is required to complete one online digital waiver per group prior to the program.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit
- We strongly recommend masks for this program, but they are not required. By the request of the school or group, the Zoo Atlanta Education Team will adhere to a school’s or group’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your schedule program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- You can pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Bus parking is not available in the City of Atlanta public parking lots on Cherokee Avenue and Boulevard. As such, we recommend that buses park on the street. While buses are parked, please consider shutting off engines to promote a healthy environment for our neighbors.
- Car parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!