Your Zoo journey may look a little different.
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.Learn more Buy Tickets
Hours and General Information
- Zoo Atlanta is open all year long, closed only on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- We have transitioned to a timed ticketing system to limit the number of guests inside the Zoo at any given time.
- Hours are 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Last entry is 3:30 p.m.
- We begin to bring our animals in for the day an hour prior to the grounds closing.
- Food stands close an hour prior to the grounds closing.
- The following items are prohibited at Zoo Atlanta:
- Weapons, except as permitted by law
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll through the all-new African Savanna or a chance to explore The Ford African Rain Forest, Zoo Atlanta offers something for everyone. Want to keep even more learning happening with the kids – virtually? Check out our At-Home educational programs before or after your visit.
Membership pays for itself in as few as two visits per year!Join Now
Know before you visit As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the...Learn More
During our phased reopening, at all locations where feasible, we are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines.Explore
Create an Itinerary
Use the tool below to see what’s happening on the day of your visit and create your own itinerary!...Learn More
Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible to...Learn More