Use the interactive map to navigate your visit and create your own itinerary to maximize your fun at the Zoo!
Your Zoo journey may look a little different.
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.Learn more Buy Tickets
Hours and General Information
- Zoo Atlanta is open all year long, closed only on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- We have transitioned to a timed ticketing system to limit the number of guests inside the Zoo at any given time.
- Weekday hours are 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Last entry is 3:30 p.m.
- Weekend hours are 9 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Last entry is 4:30 p.m.
- We begin to bring our animals in for the day an hour prior to the grounds closing.
- Food stands close an hour prior to the grounds closing.
- The following items are prohibited at Zoo Atlanta:
- Weapons, except as permitted by law
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll through the all-new African Savanna or a chance to explore The Ford African Rain Forest, Zoo Atlanta offers something for everyone.
Membership pays for itself in as few as two visits per year!Join Now
Parking Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility...Learn More
Create an Itinerary
Please note, your itinerary does not include a reservation for add-on activities. Giraffe feedings, Wild Encounters and rides must be...Learn More
Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible to...Learn More