Wild Encounter: Elephant
No creature looms larger over the savanna than the African elephant, and you’ll agree when you come face-to-trunk with one on our African elephant Wild Encounter! Bring your family to meet Tara or Kelly and learn why they are such important ambassadors for their species. Of course, no Elephant Wild Encounter would be complete without the opportunity to hand-feed one of the “girls” an afternoon snack.
- Meet at elephant bridge 15 minutes before the Wild Encounter.
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters.
Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:45 p.m.
- A ticket is required for all participants 3 years old and up.
- Children 2 years old and under are FREE and may attend, but are not permitted to feed the animals.
- Children 3 to 8 years old must be assisted by parent/guardian while feeding.
- Children 13 years old and under must be accompanied by a ticketed
- Children 4 years old and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult at all times.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- Refunds or reschedules will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received more than 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Reschedule requests received less than 7 days prior to your scheduled program date will incur a 10% reschedule fee, based upon the total cost of your reservation.
- Guests will not receive a refund and reschedules due to rain.
- In the event of extreme or inclement weather conditions, within 15 minutes of the program start time, you will be contacted by Zoo Atlanta and offered a refund (of program cost, only) or the opportunity to reschedule.
- A waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate.
- Participants under 17 years old and attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within the (10) days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Participants may bring phones/cameras and are permitted to take pictures of the encounter; however, video recording is not permitted.
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests while behind the scenes, follow all instructions of keepers and Zoo staff. Participants who are not following instructions will be asked to leave the program and will not receive a refund.
- Strollers and wagons are not allowed in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Participants must wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes. Flip flops, sandals, etc. are not permitted in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Clothes may get dirty during the encounter. Please plan accordingly.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your program will start with a tour of the outside of the animal’s habitat, then you will go behind the scenes to feed the animal. For your safety, encounters will occur with protected contact, where you will not be in the same physical space with the animal, but will feed them through a barrier. The Elephant Wild Encounter is unique as participants can experience the elephant up-close and touch the elephant.