Wild Encounter: Elephant
No creature looms larger over the savanna than the African elephant, and you’ll agree when you come face-to-trunk with one on our African elephants! Bring your family to explore the new African Savanna and meet Tara or Kelly while learning more about them and why they are such important ambassadors for their species. During your Wild Encounter, you will take a short walking-tour of the outside of their habitat with one of our educators before heading behind-the-scenes to meet up with some members of the Elephant Care Team. Of course, no Elephant Wild Encounter would be complete without the opportunity to hand-feed one of the “girls” an afternoon snack.
All Wild Encounters participants will be required to complete a brief health screening which will entail a short verbal questionnaire. Registrants whose answers do not align with our requirements for the health screening will be unable to participate in the encounter and will be entitled to a full refund. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us ensure a safe experience for all of our program participants.
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a Wild Encounter ticket.
- Meet at entrance to Tembo Trek (underneath trellis) 15 minutes before the Wild Encounter.
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- All Wild Encounters participants will be required to complete a brief health screening which will entail a short verbal questionnaire.
- Registrants whose answers do not align with our requirements for the health screening will be unable to participate in the encounter and will be entitled to a full refund.
- All participants are required to complete a digital waiver PRIOR to your encounter date.
- Wild Encounters are an optional experience and require a face mask for participants who are 2 years old or above. For the health and safety of Zoo team members, guests, and animals, there are no medical exemptions.
- If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from others who are not part of your party.
- Timed entry tickets are not required for Wild Encounter participants. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the Elephant Wild Encounter due to our current one-way path.
- Non-Members may pre-purchase admission tickets while registering for the encounter or may purchase tickets upon arrival.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:15 p.m.
LOCATION: Tembo Trek (underneath trellis)
- A ticket is required for all participants 3 years old and up.
- Children 2 years old and under are FREE and may attend, but are not permitted to feed the animals.
- Children 3 to 8 years old must be assisted by parent/guardian while feeding.
- Children 13 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a Wild Encounter ticket.
- Children 4 years old and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult at all times.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- A digital waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian must complete a digital waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Refunds or reschedules will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received more than 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Reschedule requests received less than 7 days prior to your scheduled program date will incur a 10% reschedule fee, based upon the total cost of your reservation.
- Guests will not receive a refund and reschedules due to rain.
- In the event of extreme or inclement weather conditions, within 15 minutes of the program start time, you will be contacted by Zoo Atlanta and offered a refund (of program cost, only) or the opportunity to reschedule.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within the (10) days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Participants may bring phones/cameras and are permitted to take pictures of the encounter; however, video recording is not permitted.
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests while behind the scenes, follow all instructions of keepers and Zoo staff. Participants who are not following instructions will be asked to leave the program and will not receive a refund.
- Strollers and wagons are not allowed in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Participants must wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes. Flip flops, sandals, etc. are not permitted in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Clothes may get dirty during the encounter. Please plan accordingly.
Wild Encounter Gift Certificate
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.