As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
- We have transitioned to a timed ticketing system to limit the number of guests inside the Zoo at any given time.
- Tickets may only be purchased online, and all transactions within the Zoo will be paperless (no cash).
- Walk-ups will be encouraged to purchase online via a mobile device; however, daily capacity will be limited. No cash transactions.
- As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and animals, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
- Zoo Atlanta is open seven days a week except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Get tickets for a Monday through Thursday visit to take advantage of a lower base price.
- Per City of Atlanta ordinance, guests 10 and older are required to wear masks. Exemptions include: any person younger than ten (10) years of age, though strongly recommended; any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents the wearing of a mask or face covering; any person while the person is consuming food or drink. For your convenience, masks will be available for purchase at Zoo Atlanta.
- You’ll find hand-sanitizing stations throughout the Zoo for your convenience.
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints, restroom touchpoints and restrooms using a solution approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Scaly Slimy Spectacular: The Amphibian and Reptile Experience and Nourish Cafe are temporarily closed, as is Splash Fountain, Treetop Trail and some other rides and attractions.
- Food and gifts will be sold from outdoor kiosks.
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines at all locations where it is feasible.
- Visuals at some animal habitats will suggest where guests should stand to watch the animals. Pathway guides will be on hand to assist guests and encourage social distancing.
We are doing all we can to promote a healthy environment, and in doing so, we also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others. Throughout your Zoo experience, please be mindful of current CDC guidelines and public health recommendations.
- If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, the CDC recommends a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Per City of Atlanta ordinance, guests 10 and older are required to wear masks. It is strongly recommended that those under 10 also wear a mask. For your convenience, masks will be available for purchase at Zoo Atlanta.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from others who are not part of your party.
- If you must cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, not into your hand or into the air.
- Government health organizations currently recommend that persons ages 65 and older, persons who reside in senior care facilities or long-term care facilities, or persons with underlying medical conditions stay home or maintain distance from others.
Where should I go for more information on COVID-19?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the best resource for useful, factual and up-to-date information on the virus.