Information for guests requiring accommodations
Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible to all visitors so you have a safe, memorable and enjoyable visit. The following information is provided to assist you in planning your visit.
Although some pathways feature grades that are steeper than others, Zoo Atlanta is wheelchair accessible. In some cases, please look for signs directing for special access.
Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Effective as of Saturday, January 2, 2021, the City of Atlanta has transitioned to a paid parking program in both lots.
These are public parking lots and are the property of the City of Atlanta. The lots are managed by AAA Parking, under contract with and under the purview of the Atlanta Fulton County Recreation Authority. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day. To aid you in your planning, we estimate the average Zoo visit to be around three hours. AAA Parking may be reached by phone at 877.727.5714.
The parking lot is patrolled by Zoo Atlanta Security officers. However, please leave valuable items at home or secure them out of view.
More tips for a convenient parking experience
Cherokee Avenue parking lot: 800 Cherokee Avenue, S.E., Atlanta GA 30315
In addition to using the pay-on-foot machines in the Cherokee Avenue lot, you can expedite your parking using the ParkMobile app, a free app available for both iPhone and Android devices, using your smartphone. Upon downloading the app, you may pay for your parking using the zone number posted on stickers and signs around the pay station. Select your desired time needed, and click “Start Parking” to begin your session. If during your Zoo visit you would like to extend your time, provided your time has not expired, you can do this easily via the app without needing to return to the meter.
Grant Park Gateway parking facility: 759 Boulevard S.E., Atlanta GA 30315
When parking in the Grant Park Gateway, please remember to take your ticket with you. To save time at the exit, pay-on-foot machines are conveniently located on each level of facility. Simply enter your parking ticket at the pay-on-foot machine, pay for parking, and follow the instructions.
Manual and electric wheelchairs are available for rental at the Zoo Atlanta Trading Company Gift Shop or at Safari Outfitters, both located just inside the front entrance. The electric wheelchairs are limited in number and available for rental on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not accepted.
- Manual wheelchair: $12 + tax/day*
- Electric cart: $28 + tax/day*
The minimum age to rent an electric wheelchair is 18. There is no age restriction for manual wheelchair rentals.
*A driver’s license will be retained as a deposit.
Information for guests with sensory-processing needs
Zoo Atlanta is proud to be a certified sensory inclusive destination, with an objective to provide an inclusive and seamless experience for all. We have resources and accommodations available for guests with sensory needs. Learn more here.
- Single stroller: $9 + tax and $2 deposit
- Double stroller: $11 + tax and a $2 deposit
Zoo Atlanta’s Service Animal Admittance Policy meets the requirements defined by law under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Zoo Atlanta’s Service Animal Admittance Policy defines service animals as dogs or miniature horses who are trained to perform a specific task for an individual with a disability. Emotional support animals and other animals are not permitted on Zoo grounds.
While your service animal has been socialized for most public settings, touring a Zoo—especially for the first time—can be an unusual experience. To ensure the safety of our animals and to provide an enjoyable visit for both you and your service animal, please read the following information.
- Service animals must be properly leashed, harnessed, or otherwise under the control of the handler as defined by law.
- Please notify a Guest Relations Team member upon entry to the Zoo. Animal care staff will be notified for the safety of all of our guests and animals.
- Some species in the Zoo have a natural instinct to view certain animals as threats or as predators, and these natural reactions can result in serious injury. Therefore, for the safety of the animals, there are some areas of the Zoo where service animals are not permitted. These areas will be clearly marked and include the petting zoo, The Living Treehouse aviary and walk-through building, the viewing decks at the Monkeys of Makokou area, the giraffe feeding area and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Please watch for any indications that the Zoo animals are upset. These behaviors may include excessive flying, running, or vocalizing. Should you see any of these behaviors, please step away from the animal in question.
- Please note, Zoo Atlanta is not able to provide a rest area or supplies for service animals. Please come prepared with anything you think your animal might need during your visit
For questions regarding Zoo accessibility, please contact email@example.com or call 404.624.5670.