Information for guests requiring accommodations
Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible to all visitors so you have a safe, memorable and enjoyable visit. The following information is provided to assist you in planning your visit.
Although some pathways feature grades that are steeper than others, Zoo Atlanta is wheelchair accessible. In some cases, please look for signs directing for special access.
Please note that as the City of Atlanta is finishing construction on its Grant Park Gateway Project, the parking lot off of Boulevard is closed to the public.
Free parking is available in the visitor parking lot on Cherokee Avenue. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be extremely limited. A valid disabled person parking placard is required when parking in accessible parking spaces. Street parking is also available. If the Cherokee Avenue lot is full, guests can be dropped off near the front of the Zoo. Speak with any Zoo Atlanta Security officer at the parking lot entrance for assistance.
The parking lot is patrolled by Zoo Atlanta Security officers. However, please leave valuable items at home or secure them out of view.
Manual and electric wheelchairs are available for rental at the Zoo Atlanta Trading Company Gift Shop or at Safari Outfitters, both located just inside the front entrance. The electric wheelchairs are limited in number and available for rental on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not accepted.
- Manual wheelchair: $12 + tax/day*
- Electric cart: $28 + tax/day*
The minimum age to rent an electric wheelchair is 18. There is no age restriction for manual wheelchair rentals.
*A driver’s license will be retained as a deposit.
Information for guests with sensory-processing needs
Zoo Atlanta is proud to be a certified sensory inclusive destination, with an objective to provide an inclusive and seamless experience for all. We have resources and accommodations available for guests with sensory needs. Learn more here.
- Single stroller: $9 + tax and $2 deposit
- Double stroller: $11 + tax and a $2 deposit
Zoo Atlanta’s Service Animal Admittance Policy meets the requirements defined by law under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Zoo Atlanta’s Service Animal Admittance Policy defines service animals as dogs or miniature horses who are trained to perform a specific task for an individual with a disability. Emotional support animals and other animals are not permitted on Zoo grounds.
While your service animal has been socialized for most public settings, touring a Zoo—especially for the first time—can be an unusual experience. To ensure the safety of our animals and to provide an enjoyable visit for both you and your service animal, please read the following information.
- Service animals must be properly leashed, harnessed, or otherwise under the control of the handler as defined by law.
- Please notify a Guest Relations Team member upon entry to the Zoo. Animal care staff will be notified for the safety of all of our guests and animals.
- Some species in the Zoo have a natural instinct to view certain animals as threats or as predators, and these natural reactions can result in serious injury. Therefore, for the safety of the animals, there are some areas of the Zoo where service animals are not permitted. These areas will be clearly marked and include the petting zoo, The Living Treehouse aviary and walk-through building, the viewing decks at the Monkeys of Makokou area, the giraffe feeding area and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Please watch for any indications that the Zoo animals are upset. These behaviors may include excessive flying, running, or vocalizing. Should you see any of these behaviors, please step away from the animal in question.
Please note, Zoo Atlanta is not able to provide a rest area or supplies for service animals. Please come prepared with anything you think your animal might need during your visit
For questions regarding Zoo accessibility, please contact email@example.com or call 404.624.5670.