Information for guests requiring accommodations
Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible to all visitors so you have a safe, memorable and enjoyable visit. The following information is provided to assist you in planning your visit.
Although some pathways feature grades that are steeper than others, Zoo Atlanta is wheelchair accessible. In some cases, please look for signs directing for special access.
Accessible parking spaces are available in the visitor parking lots on Boulevard and Cherokee Avenue on a first-come, first-served basis. The Cherokee Avenue parking lot is closest to the main gate entrance. A valid parking placard is required. If parking lots are full, guests can be dropped off in front of the Zoo. Speak with a Zoo Atlanta Security officer at the parking entrance for assistance.
Manual and electric wheelchairs are available for rental at the Zoo Atlanta Trading Company Gift Shop or at Safari Outfitters, both located just inside the front entrance. The electric wheelchairs are limited in number and available for rental on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not accepted.
- Manual wheelchair: $12 + tax/day*
- Electric cart: $28 + tax/day*
The minimum age to rent an electric wheelchair is 18. There is no age restriction for manual wheelchair rentals.
*A driver’s license will be retained as a deposit.
- Single stroller: $9 + tax and $2 deposit
- Double stroller: $11 + tax and a $2 deposit
Service animals as defined by the ADA guidelines are allowed in the Zoo. Guests should alert a Guest Relations staff member at the Zoo’s main entrance upon arrival. While your service dog has been socialized for most public settings, touring a Zoo—especially for the first time—can be an unusual experience. To ensure the safety of our animals and to provide an enjoyable visit for both you and your service animal, please read the following information.
- Service animals must be properly leashed or harnessed.
- Please notify an employee upon entry to the Zoo. Animal care staff will be notified for the safety of all of our guests and animals.
- Please be sure to clean up and dispose of any waste your service animal may leave.
- Please watch for any indications that the Zoo animals are upset. These behaviors may include excessive flying, running, or vocalizing. Should you see any of these behaviors, please step away from the animal in question.
For the health and safety of the animals, service animals are not permitted in the petting zoo.
For questions regarding Zoo accessibility, please contact email@example.com or call 404.624.5662.