Zoo Atlanta is thrilled to offer free student field trip admissions to a limited number of Georgia Title I Schools through our Sponsored Admissions Program.
This application-based program allows for schools to apply for one of two trip options, either a Self-Guided Field Trip or a field trip with a Wild Walk. As part of a Self-Guided Field trip, students and teachers explore the Zoo on their own. Teachers are welcome to utilize the Zoo’s online Explore Guides, free self-guided field trip materials, to enrich their students’ exploration.
NEW this year: Zoo Atlanta is able to offer field trips with a Wild Walk included. A Wild Walk is a guided tour through the Zoo, led by a Zoo guide. During the tour, the guide shares fun facts about the Zoo’s animal ambassadors and interesting stories about what it’s like to care for animals; showcases Zoo Atlanta’s conservation and research initiatives; and engages students in ways they can take positive action on behalf of wildlife and wild places.
If you are interested in applying for the Sponsored Admissions Program, please read the following guidelines carefully and submit the online application.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Sponsored Admissions Program is offered based on availability of funds. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Applications are not accepted for entire schools. One application is submitted per class or individual school group. All other interested persons within the school must apply separately to be considered for the program.
- If accepted into the program, you will be required to complete a brief survey that will be emailed to you after your Zoo visit.
- If your application is approved, Zoo Atlanta Education Reservations will notify the contact(s) listed on the application to make registration arrangements.
- Reservations are available on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from August 2019 through May 2020 during regular Zoo hours.
- The Sponsored Admissions Program covers all students and one teacher/adult chaperone per 10 students. Any additional teacher/adult chaperones will pay $14.99 per person at the gate upon arrival.
- Final headcount is due 7 DAYS before your scheduled trip.
- All participants must arrive and enter the Zoo at the same time. Adults who do not enter with the group will be required to pay the full adult admission price of $27.99.
- Awarded funds must be used during the current school year and may not be carried over.
- The school is responsible for any other costs related to the field trip, including but not limited to transportation to and from the Zoo, lunch for the students and in-Zoo activities.