Thanks to generous donations, Zoo Atlanta is excited to offer Self-Guided Field Trips to a limited number of Georgia Title I schools for their students at no cost application process.
If you are interested in applying for the Sponsored Admission Program, please read the following guidelines carefully and fill out the online application.
We are no longer accepting applications, please check back next year!
- The Sponsored Admission Program is offered based on availability of funds. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Applications are not accepted for entire schools. One application is submitted per class or individual school group visiting the Zoo on the same day. All other interested persons within the school must apply separately to be considered for the program.
- If your application has been approved, Zoo Atlanta Education Reservations will notify the contact(s) listed on the application to make registration arrangements. Reservations are available on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays during regular Zoo hours.
- If accepted in to the program, you will be required to complete a brief survey that will be emailed to you after your Zoo visit.
- All registration/cancellation policies and procedures apply. A customer care representative can review the registration/cancellation policies and procedures with you when you make your reservation.
- The Sponsored Admission Program covers the cost for the number of students on the reservation and 1 teacher/parent/adult chaperone per 10 students. Each additional teacher/parent/adult chaperone who arrives with your group is required to pay the Self-Guided Field Trip rate ($9.99 per person), which must be paid in one lump-sum at the gate upon arrival – individual payments will not be accepted.
- All participants must arrive and enter the Zoo at the same time. Adults who do not enter with your group will be required to pay the full, non-discounted adult admission price – currently $25.99, plus tax (does not apply to Zoo Atlanta Members).
- Awarded funds must be used during the current school year, cannot be carried over.
- The school is responsible for any other costs related to the field trip, including but not limited to, transportation to and from the Zoo, lunch for the students and in-park activities.