Zoo Atlanta is thrilled to offer free admission to a limited number of Georgia Title I Schools for their students. Due to the unknown circumstances around this school year, we are offering multiple options for Sponsored Admissions applicants.
Schools can choose from three programs in the application:
- Self-Guided Field Trip at Zoo Atlanta
- Wild Walk – a guided tour at Zoo Atlanta (120-person limit)
- Virtual Zoo Exploration – 60-minute virtual program utilizing Zoom as the meeting platform (one class per session)
The application for the 2021-2022 school year will open in July.
During options 2 and 3, a Zoo Educator will share fun facts and interesting stories for an inside scoop on what it’s like to care for the Zoo’s animal ambassadors. In addition, students will learn about Zoo Atlanta’s conservation and research initiatives and find out how they can speak for the wild.
If you are interested in applying for the Sponsored Admissions Program, please read the following guidelines carefully and submit the online application.
- The Sponsored Admissions Program is offered based on availability of funds. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Applications are not accepted for entire schools. One application is submitted per class or individual school group. All other interested persons within the school must apply separately to be considered for the program.
- If accepted into the program, you will be required to complete a brief survey that will be emailed to you after your Zoo visit.
- If your application is approved, Zoo Atlanta Education Reservations will notify the contact(s) listed on the applicationto make registration arrangements.
- Reservations are available on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from August 2020 through May 2021 during regular Zoo hours.
- Final head count is due 7 days before your scheduled trip.
- All participants must arrive and enter the Zoo at the same time. Additional adult chaperones are currently not permitted due to timed-entry protocols.
- The school is responsible for any other costs related to in-person field trips, including but not limited to transportation to and from the Zoo, lunch for the students, and in-park activities.