Zoo Atlanta is thrilled to offer Self-Guided Field Trips to a limited number of Georgia Title I Schools for their students.
If you are interested in applying for the Sponsored Admission Program, please read the following guidelines carefully and submit the online application.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Sponsored Admission Program is offered based on availability of funds. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Applications are not accepted for entire schools. One application is submitted per class or individual school group. All other interested persons within the school must apply separately to be considered for the program.
- If accepted in to the program, you will be required to complete a brief survey that will be emailed to you after your Zoo visit.
- If your application is approved, Zoo Atlanta Education Reservations will notify the contact(s) listed on the application to make registration arrangements.
- Reservations are available on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from September 2018 through April 2019 during regular Zoo hours.
- The Sponsored Admission Program covers all students and teacher/adult chaperones.
- Final head count is due 7 days before your scheduled trip.
- All participants must arrive and enter the Zoo at the same time. Adults who do not enter with the group will be required to pay the full adult admission price of $25.99.
- Awarded funds must be used during the current school year and may not be carried over.
- The school is responsible for any other costs related to the field trip, including but not limited to transportation to and from the Zoo, lunch for the students and in-park activities.