Zoo Atlanta worked with classroom teachers to design a variety of activity packets and planning guides to help align your visit with educational standards. The Field Trip Guides include Georgia Performance Standards, rubrics for each grade level, as well as activities to conduct with your students before, during and after your visit. Utilize our Activity Packets for additional activities to use in the classroom before and after your visit.
|Field Trip Guide Packets (PDFs)|
|Interdisciplinary Zoo Journey
Students identify stages in the life cycle, use graphic organizers to classify animals, discover endangered animals and research their causes, draw animals and their habitats and study animal behavior.
Students explore the natural world, learn about biodiversity, find answers to specific questions about flora and fauna and track their discoveries in their own Zoo Atlanta Field Journal.
|Animal Behavior Study
Students spend one or more days studying animal behavior at the Zoo. This is ideal for advanced biology students who want to substitute their Animal Behavior Lab with observations of living animals at the Zoo.
|Wet or Wintry Weather Trip Packet
Includes activities that are in covered areas in the Zoo: Act Like a Gorilla, Ambush Tag, Tiger Survival Game, Animal Training Role-Play and Be a Field Biologist.
|Pre and Post Activity Packets (PDFs)|
|PreK-K||1st grade||2nd grade||3rd grade||4th grade|
|5th grade||6th grade||7th grade||8th grade|
|Information Packets by Program (PDFs)|
|Field Trip Programs||Guided Tours|
|NightCrawler Overnights||ZooMobile Outreach|
|Standards by Program (PDFs)|
|NightCrawler Overnights GPS||ZooMobile Outreach GPS|
|Field Trip Programs GPS||Bright From the Start Content Standards|
Sponsored Admissions Program
Thanks to generous donations, Zoo Atlanta is excited to offer Self-Guided Field Trips to a limited number of Georgia Title I schools for their students at no cost.
If you are interested in applying for the Sponsored Admission Program, please read the following guidelines carefully and fill out the online application>
- The Sponsored Admission Program is offered based on availability of funds. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Applications are not accepted for entire schools. One application is submitted per class or individual school group visiting the Zoo on the same day. All other interested persons within the school must apply separately to be considered for the program.
- If your application has been approved, Zoo Atlanta Education Reservations will notify the contact(s) listed on the application to make registration arrangements. Reservations are available on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays during regular Zoo hours.
- If accepted in to the program, you will be required to complete a brief survey that will be emailed to you after your Zoo visit.
- All registration/cancellation policies and procedures apply. A customer care representative can review the registration/cancellation policies and procedures with you when you make your reservation.
- The Sponsored Admission Program covers the cost for the number of students on the reservation and 1 teacher/parent/adult chaperone per 10 students. Each additional teacher/parent/adult chaperone who arrives with your group is required to pay the Self-Guided Field Trip rate ($9.95 per person), which must be paid in one lump-sum at the gate upon arrival – individual payments will not be accepted.
- All participants must arrive and enter the Zoo at the same time. Adults who do not enter with your group will be required to pay the full, non-discounted adult admission price – currently $25.99, plus tax (does not apply to Zoo Atlanta Members).
- Awarded funds must be used during the current school year, cannot be carried over.
- The school is responsible for any other costs related to the field trip, including but not limited to, transportation to and from the Zoo, lunch for the students and in-park activities.
- Please visit the Educator’s Lounge on our website at the following link for Pre- and Post- trip activities and guides that will help align your visit with educational standards: Educator’s Lounge
Special Offers for Educators
Thanks to generous donations made available to Zoo Atlanta, a limited number of Title I schools are eligible for Self-Guided Field Trips provided for their students at no charge! Find out more and apply on the
Educator Appreciation Day Check back for 2018 dates!
Zoo Atlanta welcomes educators and their families biannually to Educator Appreciation Day presented by PNC Bank. Educators receive FREE admission.
Support conservation and research efforts at the Zoo and around the world by joining as a Member. Educators save $10 on any level of Zoo Membership. To obtain your discount, call 404.624.WILD.
Educators visiting Zoo Atlanta now receive special Zoo Atlanta rates on their travel expenses when they use Cooper-Global Chauffeured Transportation using promo code ZOO10. Visit Cooper-Global or call 770.455.9600 x 224 to book your travel reservations to the Zoo today!
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! You will be asked to create a profile if you haven’t done so already. After creating a profile, you will be presented with a list of topics that you can sign up to receive periodic information about. At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. To subscribe or unsubscribe .