Adult Volunteer Program
Go wild. Become an Adult Volunteer!
This program is the perfect fit if you’re looking to give back to your community, learn more about our natural world, or just have fun! Zoo Atlanta recognizes the integral value that all wildlife plays on Earth. We also recognize that it takes a community to help make a difference. This is where you come in! By joining our team, you help make an impact not only for the animals in our care but also for the planet.
Are you prepared to commit to an unforgettable experience?
“My time at the Zoo has been the most enjoyable of all my lifelong volunteer activities, and at 70 years old, I’ve certainly done my fair share of volunteering! If I could give testimony to potential Volunteers, I’d tell them to run, not walk, to give their time to Zoo Atlanta.” –Kathleen B.
Fall application deadline: September 8, 2018
- Fall application deadline: September 8, 2018
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance into program by September 15, 2018
- Accepted applicants must be able to attend orientation on October 6, 2018 (by invitation only)
- Adult Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age
- Commit to one year of volunteer service and commit to 4 service hours per month
- Pass a background check
- Provide negative TB test results
- Complete an online Adult Volunteer application
- Pay a $30 orientation fee to defray the cost of your name badge, uniform T-shirt, and background check
- Complete online and in-person trainings
- Maintain a current Zoo Atlanta Membership
- Attend Volunteer Orientation (invitation is provided upon further review of your application)