Adult Volunteer Program
Go wild. Become an Adult Volunteer!
This program is the perfect fit if you’re looking to give back to your community, learn more about our natural world, or just have fun! Zoo Atlanta recognizes the integral value that all wildlife plays on Earth. We also recognize that it takes a community to help make a difference. This is where you come in! By joining our team, you help make an impact not only for the animals in our care but also for the planet.
Are you prepared to commit to an unforgettable experience?
“My time at the Zoo has been the most enjoyable of all my lifelong volunteer activities, and at 70 years old, I’ve certainly done my fair share of volunteering! If I could give testimony to potential Volunteers, I’d tell them to run, not walk, to give their time to Zoo Atlanta.” –Kathleen B.
- Adult Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Commit to one year of volunteer service (January-December) and commit to 50 service hours per year (approximately 4 hours per month).
- Pass a background check.
- Provide a negative TB test.
- Complete an Adult Volunteer application.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation (invitation is provided upon further review of your application).
- Maintain a current Zoo Atlanta Membership.
- Purchase a name badge ($5) and uniform T-shirt ($10).