Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteering at Zoo Atlanta is a great way to learn about conservation issues, get to know others who share your passion for wildlife, give back to our community, or just have fun! Just as all wildlife is important to its ecosystem, Volunteers play an integral role in the advancement of Zoo Atlanta’s mission. The Adult Volunteer Program provides opportunities for individuals to use their talents to support Zoo Atlanta by matching their skills with the needs of various Zoo departments. We seek applicants who can work independently, are comfortable in a fast-paced environment, understand the role accredited zoos play in wildlife conservation, and can effectively communicate Zoo Atlanta’s mission to our visitors.
Are you prepared to commit to an unforgettable experience?
Online applications are screened for completeness and apparent support of Zoo Atlanta’s mission. Selected applicants must complete an interview or volunteer service trial (e.g. assisting with an event) for final acceptance into the program.
- Complete an online Adult Volunteer application
- Adult Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and no longer a high school student
- Commit to six months of volunteer service and commit to 4 service hours per month
- Pay a $30 orientation fee to defray the cost of your name badge, uniform T-shirt, and background check
- Pass a background check
- Provide negative TB test results
- Maintain a current Zoo Atlanta Membership (paperwork provided at orientation)
- Complete required trainings
- Attend Volunteer Orientation (invitation is provided upon further review of your application)
Thank you for your application and interest in the Zoo Atlanta Volunteer Program. We appreciate your taking the time to apply to our program. Currently we are in the height of our busiest season and are unable to respond to all applications with the necessary attention they deserve. All applications will be reviewed and responded to after July 15, 2019. Thank you again for your interest in our program.