Event Volunteer Program
Volunteering at Zoo Atlanta is a great way to learn about conservation issues, get to know others who share your passion for wildlife, give back to our community, or just have fun! We seek applicants who can work independently, are comfortable in a fast-paced environment, understand the role accredited zoos play in wildlife conservation, and can effectively communicate Zoo Atlanta’s mission to our visitors.
Our Event Volunteers assist with Public Events and Special Events throughout the year. Event Volunteers are a critical part of Zoo Atlanta’s most exciting events, including The Beastly Feast; Boo at the Zoo; IllumiNights at the Zoo: A Chinese Lantern Festival; Brew at the Zoo; and more! Volunteers can assist with both daytime and evening events. Duties will vary depending on the event, but Volunteers can expect to facilitate educational activities, offer directional assistance, collect event tickets, distribute materials, and assist with other tasks.
We have two programs available: the Event Volunteer Program and the Adult Volunteer Program. For both programs, Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and no longer a high school student
- Pass a background check
- If you are accepted into the Volunteer Program, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated
EVENT VOLUNTEER SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- Event Volunteers must commit to one year of Volunteer service to include at least 3 events per year.
EVENT VOLUNTEER BENEFITS
- Opportunity to advance Zoo Atlanta’s mission and contribute to conservation
- Opportunity to meet and build relationships with fellow Volunteers and staff
- Complimentary Zoo Atlanta tickets upon meeting annual service requirement
- Free event T-shirts when volunteering for certain events
- Interested candidates must complete an online application, linked below.
- Online applications are screened for completeness and apparent support of Zoo Atlanta’s mission.
- Accepted candidates will receive further information from the Supervisor of Adult Volunteers detailing how to sign up for event shifts.