Zoo Atlanta agrees to provide interns: Skills, training and support materials needed for designated service area; opportunities to develop personal connections to professionals in your field of interest; hands-on experience that will look great on your résumé; opportunities to develop new skills and make new friends; a chance to make a difference for endangered species and conservation issues; and a fun and meaningful environment.
Internships at Zoo Atlanta are designed to provide training and professional work experience that will help you achieve your academic and professional goals. Intern positions are unpaid and open to applicants enrolled in a degree-seeking program or who have recently graduated within two years from a college program in a field relevant to the internship being applied for.
Due to COVID 19, 2020 Internships have been cancelled. Check back later this year for updates regarding 2021 Semesters.
Once you have applied for the position you are interested in, including submission of the requested materials, you will be contacted to set up an individual interview if you meet the qualifications and there is intern placement availability.
- Complete online application and submit résumé, cover letter and two (2) letters of reference
- Must be 18 years old and no longer in high school
- Must be able to commit to full semester
- Hours for each opportunity vary and will not exceed 40 hours a week.
- Pay a $10 orientation fee which will cover one (1) Intern T-shirt
- Must pass a background check and present a negative TB test.
- Zoo Atlanta interns agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Zoo Atlanta, your service area, and those set forth in the Internship Handbook (a handbook will be provided to you prior to your first day).
- Attend designated training and continuing education classes for your service area.
- Report on time for scheduled events/service areas.
- Notify the Manager of Volunteer Programs, in writing, of any change in internship status.