Group Volunteer Program
Volunteering at Zoo Atlanta is a great way for your club, community group, or company to build teamwork as well as support the community.
We can schedule days of service that provide your team with an opportunity to support our organization through a hands-on project.
GROUP VOLUNTEER SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Group Volunteers assist with projects our Facilities, Maintenance, Horticulture, Events, or Animal Care Teams have identified as areas where they need support. Projects can include but are not limited to painting or staining; horticulture projects such as raking leaves, pruning shrubs, and cutting down browse; cleaning signage; or fixing benches. Projects change based on the season and the needs of the Zoo. Having Group Volunteers assist the Zoo teams with these projects allows our team to accomplish more while also providing groups the opportunity to bond with one another at the Zoo!
Guidelines for volunteering:
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age and no longer a high school student.
- Provide at least two weeks’ notice to schedule a date.
- Service days are typically scheduled Monday – Friday for 3 – 4-hour shifts, but this can be flexible.
- Service days have a capacity of 20 – 25 participants.
- Once a date is scheduled, the group leader will receive confirmation of schedule, including directions for parking, and a waiver for all participants to sign.
GROUP VOLUNTEER BENEFITS
- Opportunity to advance Zoo Atlanta’s mission and contribute to conservation
- Opportunity to meet and build relationships with team members and Zoo staff
- Admission to the Zoo following service project
- Complete an online application, linked above. This is the best way for us to gather your information to contact you.