Your Zoo journey may look a little different.
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.Learn more Buy Tickets
Hours and General Information
- Zoo Atlanta is open all year long, closed only on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- We have transitioned to a timed ticketing system to limit the number of guests inside the Zoo at any given time.
- Weekday hours are 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Last entry is 3:30 p.m.
- Weekend hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Last entry is 4:30 p.m.
- We begin to bring our animals in for the day an hour prior to the grounds closing.
- Food stands close an hour prior to the grounds closing.
- The following items are prohibited at Zoo Atlanta:
- Weapons, except as permitted by law
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll through the all-new African Savanna or a chance to explore The Ford African Rain Forest, Zoo Atlanta offers something for everyone. Want to keep even more learning happening with the kids – virtually? Check out our At-Home educational programs before or after your visit.
Know before you visit As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the...Learn More
Know before you visit
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care,...Learn More
During our phased reopening, at all locations where feasible, we are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines.Explore
Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible to...Learn More
Zoo Atlanta is a family-friendly environment where everyone deserves to have a great experience. To make the most of your...Learn More