Field Trips: Self-guided
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! Add to the educational experience by using our standards-based curriculum guides and grade-specific activities at the Zoo and before and after your visit.
Zoo hours (allow 2-3 hours)
Mondays to Wednesdays are less crowded.
Reservations: must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date of the visit
- Minimum group size is 10 total participants.
- One adult (teacher, parent, chaperone) per every 10 paid students is required and admitted for FREE.
- Effective 4/1/17, Georgia State Tax will be assessed at 8.9% to all non-exempt entities. To reserve tax-free, submit a State of Georgia tax exemption form at the time of your reservation.
- Additional adults pay the same rate as youth participants.
- Lump sum payment is collected at any admission window upon arrival. Individual payments will not be accepted.
- Group must enter the admissions gate at the same time.
- School Group Lunch Storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., during the school year. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- Pre-order your lunch! For just $6.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed two weeks prior to your visit.