Self-Guided Field Trips
Reschedule or Refund: COVID-19
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! Add to the educational experience by using our standards-based curriculum guides and grade-specific activities at the Zoo and before and after your visit.
Interested in other education programs? Learn more about our program offerings and resources with our School Program Guide.
*Zoo hours vary seasonally (allow 2-3 hours for your trip)
Mondays through Wednesdays are less crowded.
Pre-registration price: $10.99 per student
Walk up price: $14.99
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free, additional chaperones pay student price. The one free adult chaperone ticket does not apply to the $14.99 walk up rate.
Zoo Atlanta offers free student field trip admissions to a limited number of Georgia Title I Schools through our Sponsored Admissions Program.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 7 days prior to the date of your visit to receive the discounted school admission rate of $10.99.
- You will receive one FREE adult chaperone ticket per every 10 students when you pre-register. Additional adults pay the same rate as students.
- The one FREE adult chaperone ticket does not apply to the $14.99 walk up rate.
- Minimum group size of 10 students is required to receive the discounted admission rate. No maximum.
- Head count may be changed up to 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 7 days prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Payments are NOT accepted at the gate for the $10.99 Educational Group Rate.
- Once the reservation is paid in full, any additional admissions must be purchased at the gate for the $14.99 walk-up rate.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES
- Cancellations 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Rescheduling of an existing reservation must be made at least 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- Group lunch storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., year-round. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 14 days prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!