Field Trips: Self-guided
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! Add to the educational experience by using our standards-based curriculum guides and grade-specific activities at the Zoo and before and after your visit.
*Zoo hours vary seasonally (allow 2-3 hours for your trip)
Mondays through Wednesdays are less crowded.
After May 31: $10.99 per student
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free, additional chaperones pay student price.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 7 days prior to the date of your visit to receive the discounted school admission rate of $9.99 ($10.99 after May 31).
- You will receive one FREE adult chaperone ticket per every 10 students. Additional adults pay the same rate as students.
- Minimum group size of 10 students is required to receive the discounted admission rate. No maximum.
- Head count may be changed up to 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- If you do not pre-register the walk up rate is $10.99 ($14.99 after May 31).
- Payment is due at least 7 days prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Payments are NOT accepted at the gate for the $9.99 ($10.99 after May 31).
- Educational Group Rate.
- Once the reservation is paid in full, any additional admissions must be purchased at the gate for the $10.99 walk-up rate ($14.99 after May 31).
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES
- Cancellations 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Rescheduling of an existing reservation must be made at least 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- Group lunch storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., year-round. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $6.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 14 days prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Zoo Atlanta offers temporary parking at a designated parking lot located at 738 Hank Aaron Drive, S.E., Atlanta GA 30315.
- Directions to bus parking: Head north. Turn left toward Georgia Avenue. Turn left onto Capitol Avenue / Hank Aaron Drive SE.