Self-Guided Field Trips: School Groups
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! Add to the educational experience by using our standards-based curriculum guides and grade-specific activities at the Zoo before and after your visit.
Groups must select a timed entry slot at the time of reservation to assist in limiting the number of guests who are inside the Zoo at any given time. No walk-up groups will be admitted.
We’re promoting wellness at Zoo Atlanta.
- Effective January 15, 2021, masks will be required for all guests ages 2 and up.
- Mask requirements apply to general admission, as well as all in-Zoo experiences.
- Mask requirements also apply to guests who have been vaccinated for COVID-19.
- For your convenience, adult and child-size masks will be available for purchase at Zoo Atlanta.
- You’ll find hand-sanitizing stations throughout the Zoo for your convenience.
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints, restroom touchpoints, and restrooms using a solution approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are promoting social distancing guidelines at all locations where it is feasible.
- All transactions within the Zoo will be paperless (no cash).
- Visuals at some animal habitats will suggest where guests should stand to watch the animals.
Available daily year-round
Timed entry slots available from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Before July 1: $10.99 per student
July 1: $12.99 per student
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price. Additional tickets cannot be purchased on the day of the program.
This program is part of our Sponsored Admissions offerings. For more information, visit our Sponsored Admissions page.
- Reservations must be made at least 14 days prior to the date of your visit to receive the discounted school admission rate of $10.99.
- No walk-up groups will be admitted.
- You will receive one FREE adult chaperone ticket per every 10 students when you pre-register. Additional adults pay the same rate as students.
- Minimum group size of 10 students is required to receive the discounted admission rate. No maximum.
- Payment is due at least 14 days prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Payments are not accepted at the gate for the $10.99 Educational Group Rate.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES
- Cancellations 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Rescheduling of an existing reservation date or time slot must be made at least 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- You can pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 14 days prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Bus parking is not available in the City of Atlanta public parking lots on Cherokee Avenue and Boulevard. As such, we recommend that buses park on the street. While buses are parked, please consider shutting off engines to promote a healthy environment for our neighbors.
- Car parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!