Self-Guided Field Trips
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! Add to the educational experience by using our standards-based curriculum guides and grade-specific activities at the Zoo and before and after your visit.
Groups must select a timed entry slot at the time of reservation to assist in limiting the number of guests who are inside the Zoo at any given time. No walk-up groups will be allowed.
We’re promoting wellness at Zoo Atlanta.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks. All Zoo Atlanta team members will be wearing masks throughout your visit.
- You’ll find hand-sanitizing stations throughout the Zoo for your convenience.
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints, restroom touchpoints and restrooms using a solution approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- All buildings (restrooms excepted), indoor venues and indoor experiences are temporarily closed, as are Splash Fountain, vending and souvenir machines, photo stands, statue photo-ops and water fountains. Zoo Atlanta provides a largely outdoor experience in a park environment.
- Food and gifts will be sold from outdoor kiosks. We hope you’ll come back another time to enjoy the other amenities, which are closed for your safety.
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines at all locations where it is feasible.
- Visuals at some animal habitats will suggest where guests should stand to watch the animals. Pathway guides will be on hand to assist guests and encourage social distancing.
- All transactions within the Zoo will be paperless (no cash).
Timed entry slots available from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pre-registration price: $10.99 per student
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
Additional tickets can not be purchased on the day of for the discounted rate. If there is ticket availability in your arrival time slot you can purchase tickets at the front gate price of $24.99 for adults and $18.99 for children.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 7 days prior to the date of your visit to receive the discounted school admission rate of $10.99.
- No walk-up groups will be allowed.
- You will receive one FREE adult chaperone ticket per every 10 students when you pre-register. Additional adults pay the same rate as students.
- Minimum group size of 10 students is required to receive the discounted admission rate. No maximum.
- Payment is due at least 7 days prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Payments are NOT accepted at the gate for the $10.99 Educational Group Rate.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES
- Cancellations 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Rescheduling of an existing reservation date or time slot must be made at least 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- Group lunch storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., year-round. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 14 days prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!