School’s Out Session
School’s out, but don’t let the learning stop there! Safari Camp School’s Out Session is a great opportunity to engage and excite your young explorers about the world around them! Participants ages 5-11 will be immersed in hands-on, minds-on activities that introduce them to wildlife and wild places, all while learning how they can make a difference to conserve these important species.
To find out if our Safari Camps are a good fit for you and your camper, please read our(PDF) prior to registering.
School’s Out Safari Camps are subject to cancellation if fewer than 10 participants are registered.
February 17, 2020: Presidents Day
April 6-10, 2020: Spring Break
Safari Camp hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Drop-off: 8:30-9 a.m., Pick-up: 4-4:30 p.m.)
*Extended care available for $10 per day from 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
There are many animal species around the world that have remarkable social structures and familial dynamics. Journey with us as we investigate complex hierarchal systems within the animal kingdom; explore how these systems aid in a species’ survival; compare and contrast these structures to human experiences; and discover ways to protect these animals and the wild places they call home!
MEMBER COST: $56
Bees and other pollinators are under threat in the wild and are in need of conservation stewards to help preserve them and their wild habitats. Join us in this week-long Camp that celebrates the diversity and importance of pollinators. Campers will enjoy learning all about the pollination process and its importance in maintaining a healthy world and will create a Safari Camp pollinator garden!
MEMBER COST: $280
$70 per day
(extended care + $10)
$56 per day
(extended care + $10)
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Completed Zoo Atlanta Safari Camp Waivers (PDF) must be submitted on the first day of camp. Camper will not be able to participate without completed waiver packet.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
- Registration closes the Wednesday before at midnight.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Camp programs are rain or shine. However, Camp programs may be cancelled due to inclement weather, in which case the Zoo will notify participants of the cancellation as soon as possible prior to the program. If this happens, a full refund will be issued for the cancelled day. We will do our best to reschedule in the event of a cancelled program, but rescheduling is not guaranteed.
CHECK IN & PICK UP:
- Check-in and pick-up will occur via the Education Conservation Gate of the Zoo. The Education Conservation Gate is located in the south (right-hand) corner of the Cherokee Avenue parking lot.
- For your child’s safety, an adult 18 years old or older must check-in your child with Zoo Atlanta staff.
- To ensure the safety of all students, parents will be given a number when they check-in their students. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child knows this number. If you do not know this number, you will not be allowed to pick up the child.
- Participants arriving late must use the call box outside of the Education Conservation Gate to call Security.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.