Safari Camp: School’s Out
When school is out, Camp is in!
We are here to engage and excite your young learners ages 5-11. These minds-on programs allow campers to visit animals on grounds, explore biofacts, and take part in science experiments and demonstrations. Campers will learn about the biology and behaviors of amazing creatures, the problems many animals face in the wild, and will discover ways to help wildlife and wild habitats.
These programs will take place in-person. To ensure the safety of all participants and educators, campers will stay with their group for the entirety of the program, and all participants and campers will adhere to the safety protocols as outlined below. Campers should provide their own snacks and lunches. We will continue to monitor all health reports and update our mask requirements at least two weeks prior to the start of each program.
2021: November 22-24, December 20-23 & December 27-30
2022: April 4-8
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Extended care available for $15/day from 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Must be purchased for whole Camp session; cannot be purchased for individual days.
Lions, tigers and bears … competing? Oh, yes! Between two given choices, campers will have a blast choosing the animal they think would dominate the other based on its behavioral and physical adaptations. At the end of each day, these two animals will compete in an ultimate fantasy challenge with only one reigning supreme. This friendly and educational competition is sure to inspire campers to continue learning about Earth’s creatures and their cool features!
When survival is at stake, animals deploy a variety of methods to help them succeed in the wild. From communication, to specialized diets, to defenses and more, discover the variety of ways animals have adapted to flourish in their environments. Campers are sure to be amazed by these bizarre behaviors and will be inspired to take action to help species thrive in the wild.
From slithering snakes to flying flamingos, the Earth is home to amazing animals who move in incredible ways. Come explore the biomechanics of some of the Zoo’s best-known creatures, as we discover how their bodies and physical adaptations enable them to successfully navigate their environments. You don’t want to miss out on the chance to groove and move with us and the animals who call the Zoo home!
Zoo Atlanta has a big responsibility in taking care of so many different animals, and it is critical that this work is done safely. Journey with us through the Zoo as we discover the incredible ways team members put safety first when providing quality animal
the many ways
Zoo habitats are designed to protect both animals and guests. Finally, campers will learn best practices when interacting with wild animals and ways they can be wildlife stewards!
- November 22-24, 2021 – $210
- December 20-23, 2021 – $280
- December 27-30, 2021 – $280
- April 4-8, 2022 – $350
- November 22-24, 2021 – $168
- December 20-23, 2021 – $224
- December 27-30, 2021 – $224
- April 4-8, 2022 – $280
- Participants will be required to sign a digital waiver prior to the program.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Registration closes the Wednesday prior at midnight.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.