School’s Out Session
School may be out, but Camp is definitely in! Zoo Atlanta offers a fun and exciting day of learning for your children even when school is not in session. See our School’s Out Safari Day Camp dates below!
Held during school breaks throughout the year (kindergarten – 5th grade), Safari Day Camps provide a fun and exciting opportunity to learn about animals and nature in a spectacular outdoor environment.
Along with so many unique activities that captivate and teach your children, Zoo Atlanta has years of experience in offering outstanding educational programs and has a reputation as one of the city’s most prized and trusted organizations.
To find out if our Safari Day Camps are a good fit for you and your camper, please read our(PDF) prior to registering.
*Individual dates of School’s Out Safari Day Camp are subject to cancellation if fewer than 10 participants are registered.
Nov. 20-22, 2017, January 15, 2018, February 19, 2018
|Extended Care Drop-off||7:30 a.m.|
|Regular Drop-off||8-9 a.m.|
|Camp Starts||9 a.m.|
|Camp Ends||4 p.m.|
|Regular Pick-up||4-5 p.m.|
|Extended Care Pick-up||5-5:30 p.m.|
November 20, 21, & 22, 2017 – Fall Break
What’s for Dinner?
We’re getting ready to fill our plates with food, but what do animals prefer to eat? Find out as we dive into the world of animal appetites.
- Nov. 20 – Herbivores
- Nov. 21 – Carnivores
- Nov. 22 – Omnivores
January 15, 2018 – MLK Day
Our friends need some help! The world is full of amazing animals that are disappearing right before our eyes. Learn about some of the problems they are facing, and find out what you can do to help!
February 19, 2018 – President’s Day
Furry Winter Friends
$70 (extended care + $10)
$56 (extended care + $10)
A typical day at Camp includes:
- Up-close animal encounters
- Exclusive tours
- Arts and crafts
- Hands-on learning using pictures and bio-facts
- Animal presentations and feedings
- Keeper talks
- Educational videos
Insider tips for parents:
- Food is energy.
- Make sure to pack a lunch every day.
- If your child has dietary needs, prepare your own snack so he/she can stay happy and healthy.
- The animals are outside.
- Prepare your child for an outdoor environment.
- Consider appropriate outerwear and pack a water bottle!
- Make sure you label your items with a name!
- Accidents happen.
- If you think that might be true, pack a change of clothes just in case.
- Age is important.
- Groups are based on ages so everyone can have a good time.
- Leaving early or running late?
- Let us know so we can be ready for you (404.624.5822).
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.