Fall Safari Camp
When school is out, Camp is in!
We are here to engage and excite your young learners ages 5-11 during Fall Break.
These hands-on programs allow campers to visit animals on grounds, explore biofacts, and take part in science experiments and demonstrations. Campers will learn about the biology and behaviors of amazing creatures, the problems many animals face in the wild, and will discover ways to help wildlife and wild habitats. Campers should provide their own snacks, lunches, and water bottles.
Sign up for other seasonal Safari Camps throughout the year here.
October 14-18, 2024November 25-27, 2024Registration opens July 29, 2024.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Extended care available for $15/day from 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Must be purchased for whole Camp session; cannot be purchased for individual days.
Safari Camp is a great opportunity to engage young explorers about the wild world around them and begin their journey of conservation stewardship. Through Zoo explorations, up-close animal encounters, STEAM-based projects, hands-on science activities, environmental games and more, campers learn about attainable strategies and goals to combat environmental issues and are charged with finding simple ways that they can make a difference.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
- Registration closes the Wednesday before at midnight.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received 2 weeks or less prior to the program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Camp programs are rain-or-shine.
CHECK-IN & PICK-UP:
- Check-in and pick-up will occur via the Education Conservation Gate of the Zoo. The Education Conservation Gate is located in the south (right-hand) corner of the Cherokee Avenue parking lot.
- For your child’s safety, an adult 18 years old or older must check-in and pick-up your child with Zoo Atlanta staff.
- To ensure the safety of all campers, parents will be given a number when they check-in their campers. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child knows this number. For their own safety, no camper will be released to someone who does not know their number.
- All campers who have not purchased Extended Care and are not picked up by 4:30 p.m. will incur fees.
- If camper is picked up late between 4:31 p.m.- 5 p.m., an additional $10 fee will be owed.
- If camper is picked up late after 5:01 p.m., you will be charged an additional $1 for every additional minute.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.