Safari Camp: Winter Session
When school is out, Camp is in!
We are here to engage and excite your young learners ages 5-11 during Winter Break.
These minds-on programs allow campers to visit animals on grounds, explore biofacts, and take part in science experiments and demonstrations. Campers will learn about the biology and behaviors of amazing creatures, the problems many animals face in the wild, and will discover ways to help wildlife and wild habitats.
Campers should provide their own snacks, lunches, and water bottles.
Sign up for other seasonal Safari Camps throughout the year here.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Extended care available for $15/day from 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Must be purchased for whole Camp session; cannot be purchased for individual days.
With the lanterns of IllumiNights: A Chinese Lantern Festival amongst the backdrop of the Zoo, campers will spend the week exploring animal adaptations in these larger-than-life creations as well as the real things. Campers will create a glowing design to take home with them at the end of the week.
From arachnids to mammals, fish and fireflies, campers will have a blast exploring how animals in the wild glow. Why and how do these amazing phenomena occur and why can’t we always see it? Campers will learn from nature to create their very own glowing critter.
Some like it hot and some like it COLD! Explore the Zoo as campers learn about animals adapted to live in cold weather. Campers will have a new appreciation for animal adaptations as they take part in hands-on science experiments that highlight colder climates.
- December 19-23, 2022 – $375
- December 26-30, 2022 – $375
- February 20-24, 2023 – $375
- December 19-23, 2022 – $300
- December 26-30, 2022 – $300
- February 20-24, 2023 – $300
Extended care cost: $75/week
- Participants will be required to sign a digital waiver prior to the program.
- We recommend masks for this program, but they are not required.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 5 days.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Registration closes the Wednesday prior at midnight.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email email@example.com.