Beastly Basics (grades K-2nd)
Explore the basic needs of plants and animals as students compare and contrast animal and plant adaptations and characteristics. Students will ask questions about a mystery creature to determine if it is a plant or an animal and will then make decisions using their understanding of basic needs. Through the observation of our ambassador animals, students will make inferences about how the animals meet their basic needs.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Science:
Select a start time from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; sessions last 45 minutes.
One Session: $360
Two Sessions: $475
Three Sessions: $590
Kindergarten – Grade 2
- Program must take place in a quiet temperature-controlled room.
- Requested location must be within a 65-mile radius of Zoo Atlanta.
- Multiple programs must be at the same location on the same day and within the same 3-hour period to receive the multiple-session price discount.
- Specific animals cannot be requested for programs.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Maximum of 60 participants per session.
- One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Zoo Challenge.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
Wondering if a ZooMobile program is right for you? Give us a call at 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. Subscribe or unsubscribe