Wild Walks: Groups
Looking for something exciting and different to add on to a day at the Zoo or a way to enhance your group event? Take a walk on the wild side with a Zoo Educator and enjoy a personalized tour of Zoo Atlanta’s animal ambassadors and the ways we care for them. During this one-hour experience, an Educator will engage participants with facts, stories, and information about the animals in our care, as well as share details about the Zoo’s conservation efforts and ways you can help save species. Through this personalized experience, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about some of your favorite species that call Zoo Atlanta home.
These guided tours are a great complement to an already planned session at the Zoo or a fun team-building activity to do together.
Times available from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
$39.99 per individual (includes Zoo admission)
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 – Maximum of 120 per session
Program is open to all ages. Children 3 and under are free.
During this walk through Zoo Atlanta, you will meet some of our conservation champions. Learn some of our animals’ amazing stories when it comes to conservation, both in the wild and in human care! This tour will highlight the work that our Animal Care and Education Teams put in to preserve and protect the species that call Zoo Atlanta home. Before you leave, you will learn some ways you can help protect species here at home and around the world!
Did you know that giant pandas can see color? Or that the skin of a naked mole rat is fireproof? How does an elephant’s trunk work? On this wild walk, enjoy the stories of the magnificent animals at Zoo Atlanta and the amazing research projects that exist here. Learn not only about how animals voluntarily participate in these explorations, but also about ways the findings contribute to deeper understanding of biology, technology, and even ourselves.
What in the world is a binturong, and why does it smell like popcorn? Why do gorillas smell like that? Why are the lemurs always vocalizing? On this guided experience, you will learn all about the strange and sometimes bizarre characteristics of the animals who call Zoo Atlanta home!
A crash of rhinos, a band of gorillas, a conspiracy of lemurs, and of course, a pride of lions. No matter what their groups are called, many species at Zoo Atlanta live in social groups and interact with each other in different ways. On this Wild Walk, we will explore the different behaviors of our groups of animals, and perhaps you will notice some similarities with your group as well!
- Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Membership discounts do not apply to this program.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations Team.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible, so you have a safe and enjoyable visit. For information on wheelchair rentals, resources for guests with sensory-processing needs, and more, visit our Accessibility page.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events, and special offers! You can remove yourself at any time if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!