Self-Guided Field Trip: College
Book a Self-Guided Field Trip today at Zoo Atlanta’s best group rate! This option is ideal for college groups who plan to enter the gate and pay together as a group upon arrival.
The Zoo now offers multiple program offerings to supplement the college curriculum at a reduced rate.
College groups of 10 or more can select a Self-Guided Field Trip, a Self-Guided Field Trip & Lecture, or the Student Day Pass.
Daily year-round; Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are less crowded.
Regular Zoo Hours (allow 2-3 hours)
$16.99 per student
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free, additional chaperones pay student price.
- Reservations must be made at least 14 days prior to the date of your visit to receive the discounted school admission rate of $16.99.
- No walk-up groups will be admitted.
- You will receive one FREE adult chaperone ticket per every 10 students when you pre-register. Additional adults pay the same rate as students.
- Minimum group size of 10 students is required to receive the discounted admission rate. No maximum.
- Payment is due at least 14 days prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Payments are not accepted at the gate for the $16.99 Educational Group Rate.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES
- Cancellations 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Rescheduling of an existing reservation date or time slot must be made at least 7 days before your scheduled visit.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- You can pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 14 days prior to your visit.
- Group lunch storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday, year-round near Treetop Trail. Lunches must be in labeled cooler/container.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Bus parking is not available in the City of Atlanta public parking lots on Cherokee Avenue and Boulevard. As such, we recommend that buses park on the street. While buses are parked, please consider shutting off engines to promote a healthy environment for our neighbors.
- Offsite bus parking is available at the Marshalling Yard at 362 Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard, Atlanta, GA, 30313, for $28.25 per day.
- Car parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Learn more about parking rates and locations.
- Zoo Atlanta welcomes all guests and makes every effort to ensure that our pathways, habitats and facilities are accessible, so you have a safe and enjoyable visit. For information on wheelchair rentals, resources for guests with sensory-processing needs, and more visit our Accessibility page.