Calling all night owls! Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta for a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget! This program is designed for families with children ages 6+ and features interactive activities, team challenges, animal encounters and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms. A light evening snack and continental breakfast are provided. Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlight. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
April 25, 2020: African Savanna
May 16: African Savanna
June 27, 2020: African Savanna
6 p.m. through 9:30 a.m. the next morning
All children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- All program participants will enter through the Education Conservation Gate.
Bring your family to meet our wild family of African Savanna animals! Discover the relationships between species, and learn how your family is similar to and different from animal families. Through fun and engaging activities and a night of Zoo exploration, you’ll learn how we are connected to wildlife and find out how to make a difference for our wild counterparts.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms. A light evening snack and continental breakfast are provided. Participants are invited to stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
Parents – to find out if this program is right for your family and for full guidelines, please review the Program Packet.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Completed Zoo Atlanta Family Waivers (PDF) must be submitted upon arrival.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to the program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Educational groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.