Calling all night owls! Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta for a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget! This program is designed for families with children ages 6+ and features interactive activities, team challenges, Zoo tours and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms. A light evening snack and continental breakfast catered by Proof in the Pudding are provided. Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
Masks are strongly recommended for this program but not required.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
6 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. the next morning
All children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
With over 1,000 mouths to feed, there’s always a breakfast, lunch or dinner to be prepped. Spend the night learning about the diverse animals of Zoo Atlanta and the even more diverse diets that we carefully prepare for them. Take a peek inside the Animal Nutrition Kitchen and see how it compares to your kitchen at home. You might even learn that you share some favorite foods with our feathered or furry friends. Enjoy time with your family as you experience the Zoo after hours and test your abilities as a nocturnal hunter or hider.
- All program participants will enter through the Education Conservation Gate.
- Advance registration required.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is located in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. Overnight parking is at a discounted rate of $6.
- We strongly recommend masks for this program, but they are not required.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to the program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Participants will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.