Calling all night owls for a Family NightCrawler!
Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta for a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget!
When the last guest leaves for the day, we invite you to stay! Come find out what really happens when the sun goes down. Which animals stay up late and how do others settle down for the night? And in the morning, how do animals greet the day? Join us as we explore these questions and more on an overnight adventure designed for families with children ages 6+.
Participating families will spend the majority of the evening outdoors walking around the Zoo with an Educator as their guide, stopping along the way to observe the nocturnal behaviors of the animals that call the Zoo home. During the evening, participants will have the opportunity to use night vision scopes and engage in fun activities. Using red lights, you can investigate Scaly Slimy Spectacular to gain insight into the lives of snakes, frogs, lizards, and turtles. After an evening of exploration, participants will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms with sleeping bags brought from home. And then rise and shine for more fun! Enjoy a catered breakfast from Proof of the Pudding followed by a morning ride on the Endangered Species Carousel, an up-close Animal Encounter with some of Zoo Atlanta’s small Ambassador Animals, morning activities and more visits to see how animals start their day.
Participating families are invited to stay and enjoy the Zoo at their leisure at the completion of the program.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. Don’t forget to pack your sleeping bag!
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
March 16, April 27, May 18
6 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. the next morning
All children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- All program participants will enter through the Education Conservation Gate on the right-hand side of the Cherokee Avenue Parking Lot.
- Advance registration required.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is located in the Cherokee Avenue Parking Lot. Overnight parking is at a discounted rate.
- Face masks are highly recommended but are not required for this program.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to the program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Participants will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.