Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta and embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget during a NightCrawler Overnight!
Offered for both groups and families, NightCrawler Overnight programs are a great way to explore and discover the Zoo in a whole new light – moonlight! Each program features a guided Zoo tour and biofact exploration with a knowledgeable Zoo Educator, the opportunity to observe animals’ nocturnal behaviors using technology like night vision scopes, engaging group activities, a ride on the Endangered Species Carousel, a catered breakfast, and more!
- Group NightCrawlers are ideal for all groups, especially school and Scout groups. Scouts, reach out to learn how you can connect your badges and petals to our program.
- Family NightCrawlers focus on creating fun “wild memories” for parents and their children to discover together.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER OVERNIGHT?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlight. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
NightCrawler: Schools and Groups
Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta with your school or group and embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon...Read More
This program is designed for families with children ages 6+ and features interactive activities, Zoo tours, and opportunities to learn more about...Read More