Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta and embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget! Offered for both groups and families, programs feature interactive activities, team challenges, animal encounters and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places.
Group NightCrawlers are ideal for all groups, especially school and Scout groups, with programs designed for specific grade and age levels. Family NightCrawlers focus on creating fun “wild memories” for parents and their children to discover together.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlight. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be required to sign online digital waivers prior to the program.
- Participants are required to wear a mask at all times, except while sleeping. Failure to comply may result in the participant being asked to leave the program.
- Participants must bring their own sleeping mats and sleeping bags. No sleeping equipment will be provided by the Zoo.
- Some parts of the program will take place indoors. Masks will be worn and social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced while in these indoor spaces.
- Participants will sleep indoors and may be in the same room as other groups. Participants’ sleeping spots will be spaced at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and Zoo Team members for the entirety of the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo Team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo Team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and program participants.
NightCrawlers: Schools and Groups
Explore the Zoo at night by the light of the moon, take part in engaging activities, visit the Animal Nutrition...Read More
After the sun sets, Scouts can go behind-the-scenes to see what really happens at the Zoo after dark!Read More
As the sun sets and Zoo Atlanta closes its gates for the evening, you and your family can go behind...Read More