Calling all night owls! Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta and embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget! Offered for both groups and families, programs feature interactive activities, team challenges, animal encounters and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places.
Group NightCrawlers are ideal for all groups, especially school and Scout groups, with programs designed for specific grade and age levels. Family NightCrawlers focus on creating fun “wild memories” for parents and their children to discover together.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms away from animal habitats. A light evening snack and continental breakfast are provided. Participants are invited to stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlight. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
NightCrawlers: Schools and Groups
Explore the Zoo at night by the light of the moon, take part in engaging activities, visit the Animal Nutrition...Read More
After the sun sets, Scouts can go behind-the-scenes to see what really happens at the Zoo after dark!Read More
As the sun sets and Zoo Atlanta closes its gates for the evening, you and your family can go behind...Read More