NightCrawlers: Schools and Groups
Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta with your school or group and embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget!
Programs feature interactive activities, Zoo tours, and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places. Learn how we are connected to animals and find out what Zoo Atlanta is doing to help save species around the world.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening outdoors walking around the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms with sleeping bags brought from home. Continental breakfast catered by Proof of the Pudding is provided, as well as a light evening snack.
Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities! Meet some of Zoo Atlanta’s animals up-close by registering your group for an encounter with an Ambassador Animal for an additional fee. This encounter includes an exclusive talk with a Zoo Atlanta educator and a visit with two to three small animals who live at Zoo Atlanta. Note: We cannot accommodate specific animal requests for the encounter.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
CAPACITY: Minimum of 20 – Maximum of 120
6 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. the next morning
- All program participants will enter through the Education Conservation Gate on the right-hand side of the Cherokee Avenue Parking Lot.
- Parking is located in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. Overnight parking is at a discounted rate.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance from other groups and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- Masks are strongly recommended to participate in this program but are not required. By the request of the school or group, the Zoo Atlanta Education Team will adhere to a school’s or group’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- Group reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for NightCrawlers is 20.
- Membership discounts do not apply.
- Final headcount is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of the original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!