NightCrawlers: Schools and Groups
Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta and embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget! Programs feature interactive activities, Zoo tours, animal encounters and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places. Learn how we are connected to animals and find out what Zoo Atlanta is doing to help save species around the world. Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms. A continental breakfast catered by Proof of the Pudding is provided. Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlights. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
6 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. the next morning
- All program participants will enter through the Education Conservation Gate.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be required to sign online digital waivers prior to the program.
- Participants are required to wear a mask at all times, except while sleeping. Failure to comply may result in the participant being asked to leave the program.
- Participants must bring their own sleeping mats and sleeping bags. No sleeping equipment will be provided by the Zoo.
- Some parts of the program will take place indoors. Masks will be worn and social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced while in these indoor spaces.
- Participants will sleep indoors and may be in the same room as other groups. Participants’ sleeping spots will be spaced at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and Zoo Team members for the entirety of the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo Team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo Team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and program participants.
- Group reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for NightCrawlers is 20.
- Membership discounts do not apply.
- Final headcount is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of the original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!