Boo at the Zoo
October 28, 29
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It’s that time of year when Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns! Sample treats throughout the Zoo, and enjoy the sights, characters and adventures of the whimsical Zoo Boo Town on four magical days with more than 1,000 animals from around the world. Don’t forget your costume!
Even the animals join the fun during Boo at the Zoo! Find out when your favorite Zoo animals are getting Halloween surprises – all animal activities will be listed on the back of the daily map.
Guests can enjoy spooktacular activities too:
- Enter costume contests at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.; make sure to arrive a few minutes early so we don’t miss your costume!
- Find your way through the inflatable Corn Maze.
- Boogie down to Little Beat, a live party DJ.
- Meet some of your favorite storybook characters, including Clifford the Big Red Dog, Splat the Cat, Corduroy Bear, Very Hungry Caterpillar and Ladybug Girl!
Special happenings in Zoo Boo Town:
- Return of the 501st Georgia Garrison! Atlanta’s favorite Stormtroopers and Star Wars characters will be joining us this year for Boo at the Zoo weekends.
- Help us catch the Candy Thief while riding along on the Boo train! Purchase of train tickets required.
Know before you go:
- Plan ahead to spend your time enjoying Zoo Boo Town! As the City of Atlanta prepares to begin construction its Grant Park Gateway Project, the parking lot off of Boulevard is closed to the public. We strongly encourage arriving early (we open at 9:30 a.m.) or before Noon for optimal parking, or carpool with fellow Boo-goers. Please be aware that Boo at the Zoo treat booths, and most event related activities will end at 3 p.m. Treat booths will be open while supplies last.
- We encourage guests of all ages to show off their coolest Halloween costumes, but adult faces need to remain uncovered at all times- no masks, costume heads, etc.
- All costumes and attire must be family-friendly (no inappropriate clothing, language, weapons, etc)
- Boo at the Zoo is included with regular Zoo Atlanta admission.
- Boo at the Zoo is a rain-or-shine event!
- Treat bags are provided while supplies last
- Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #OnlyZooATL
See more tips for Getting Here.
All activities will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Stay tuned for more event details.
Boo at the Zoo is FREE for Zoo Members and children under 3; FREE with general admission.
Cell phone recycling
Support gorilla conservation by recycling your old cell phones during Boo at the Zoo, and the gorillas will thank you with an extra treat! Drop phones off at the designated treat booth near the Willie B. Gorilla Conservation Center. Learn more about how our cell phone recycling program helps gorillas.
Main Treat Sponsor