Gorilla Trek: A 360° Virtual Reality Experience
Venture into the jungle of Rwanda and observe gorillas in the wild – without ever leaving your seat at the Zoo!
Gorilla Trek: A 360° Ride Film is a virtual reality experience presented in partnership with Immotion. Housed with a message of sustainability inside a giant repurposed shipping container, Gorilla Trek is a VR Theater featuring 12 cinema motion seats on a motion platform. VR goggles and moving seats provide the experience of being delivered via helicopter into Rwanda. A virtual trek 10,000 feet up into the jungle introduces a live-action adventure as users have the opportunity to observe a family group of elusive and endangered mountain gorillas up-close in their natural habitat. Gorilla Trek is presented in partnership with Immotion and narrated by Tara Stoinski, PhD, President and CEO/Chief Scientific Officer of The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, Zoo Atlanta’s longtime partner in gorilla conservation.
Purchase a ticket for Gorilla Trek with your General Admission ticket or Membership. Valid on the date of redemption.
Things to know about Gorilla Trek:
- Participants must be 3 feet tall or taller. Maximum individual passenger weight is 472 pounds.
- This experience can be enjoyed by guests in wheelchairs.
- This immersive virtual reality experience involves loud sounds, visual effects, flashing lights, and multi-directional motion-enabled seating.
- Gorilla Trek is not recommended for pregnant women; elderly guests; persons who have recently experienced surgery or illness; persons with neck, back or bone conditions; persons with sight difficulties; persons with a history of mental illness; persons with health conditions such as heart disease or epilepsy; or persons with other conditions which could be aggravated by the aspects of this experience.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted on Gorilla Trek.
Open daily, weather permitting
Gorilla Trek tickets are not included in the All-Rides Wristband.
Connect With Your Wild Side #onlyzooatl