Wild Encounter: Lion
Are you ready for a Wild Encounter? Go behind-the-scenes for an up-close-and-personal and educational experience that’s truly unforgettable with the all-NEW African lion Wild Encounter. Be one of the first to meet a member of our “bachelor pride” and gain an appreciation for Africa’s apex predator. Learn about the challenges lions face in the wild today and how you can help safeguard this amazing species!
- Guests meet at the lion viewing window 15 minutes before the program start time
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters.
Saturdays at 2:30 p.m.
- A waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate. Participants who are under 18 years old and attending without a parent or guardian will need to bring a completed waiver with them.
- Space is limited for all Wild Encounter programs; book in advance to secure your spot!
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within 10 days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Programs involving the Zoo’s animal collection are subject to change or cancellation based on animal needs at any time.
- Please arrive at the designated area 15 minutes before your Wild Encounter.
- Please note that guests for this encounter will be using a feed stick that contains raw meat.
- Register for the other Wild Encounters held on this day and receive a discount!