Wild Encounter: Lion
Are you ready for a Wild Encounter? Go behind the scenes for an unforgettable educational experience that will bring you face-to-face with Africa’s apex predator. During the program, you will accompany a Zoo educator around the lion habitat while discovering the challenges lions face in the wild before heading behind the scenes to meet a member of our “bachelor pride.”
- Guests meet at the lion viewing window 15 minutes before the program start time.
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters.
Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
- All participants in the Lion Encounter must be at least 14 years old.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- Refunds or reschedules will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received more than 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Reschedule requests received less than 7 days prior to your scheduled program date will incur a 10% reschedule fee, based upon the total cost of your reservation.
- Guests will not receive a refund and reschedules due to rain.
- In the event of extreme or inclement weather conditions, within 15 minutes of the program start time, you will be contacted by Zoo Atlanta and offered a refund (of program cost, only) or the opportunity to reschedule.
- A waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate.
- Participants under 17 years old and attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within the (10) days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Participants may bring phones/cameras and are permitted to take pictures of the encounter; however, video recording is not permitted.
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests while behind the scenes, follow all instructions of keepers and Zoo staff. Participants who are not following instructions will be asked to leave the program and will not receive a refund.
- Strollers and wagons are not allowed in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Participants must wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes. Flip flops, sandals, etc. are not permitted in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Clothes may get dirty during the encounter. Please plan accordingly.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
For your safety, encounters will occur with protected contact, where you will not be in the same physical space with the animal, but will feed them through a barrier. All participants will dip the bottoms of their shoes into a diluted bleach solution before entering the lion building; please dress accordingly.