Wild Encounter: Lemur
We can’t plan a trip to Madagascar for you, but we can help you meet one of its most iconic native species. Experience our Lemur Wild Encounter!
Meet and feed some of the amazing primates that make the island of Madagascar one of Earth’s richest and most dynamic natural ecosystems, and learn what you can do to help one of the most endangered groups of mammals on the planet.
- Meet outside the entrance to The Living Treehouse 15 minutes before the Wild Encounter.
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters.
April 2 – November 1, 2021
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
- Children must be 4 years old and up to participate.
- Children 15 years old and under must be accompanied by a ticketed Wild Encounter adult.
- There must be 1 ticketed Wild Encounter adult for every 2 children 15 years old and under.
- We ask all Wild Encounters participants to view the brief health screening prior to coming to the Zoo for your encounter.
- All participants are required to complete a digital waiver PRIOR to your encounter date.
- Wild Encounters are an optional experience and require a face mask for all participants. For the health and safety of Zoo team members, guests, and animals, there are no medical exemptions.
- If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from others who are not part of your party.
- Timed entry tickets are not required for Wild Encounter participants. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the Wild Encounter.
- Non-Members may pre-purchase admission tickets while registering for the encounter or may purchase tickets upon arrival.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
Some behind-the-scenes and encounter spaces may not be fully accessible, due to uneven terrain, tight spaces, potential for loud sounds, and/or low lighting. Accommodations vary depending upon the program. Please contact our Education Department at 404.624.5822 or email@example.com for specific information concerning accessibility and accommodations.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- A digital waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian must complete a digital waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Refunds or reschedules will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received more than 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Reschedule requests received less than 7 days prior to your scheduled program date will incur a 10% reschedule fee, based upon the total cost of your reservation.
- Guests will not receive a refund and reschedules due to rain.
- In the event of extreme or inclement weather conditions, within 15 minutes of the program start time, you will be contacted by Zoo Atlanta and offered a refund (of program cost, only) or the opportunity to reschedule.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within the (10) days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Participants may bring phones/cameras and are permitted to take pictures of the encounter; however, video recording is not permitted.
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests while behind the scenes, follow all instructions of keepers and Zoo staff. Participants who are not following instructions will be asked to leave the program and will not receive a refund.
- Strollers and wagons are not allowed in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Participants must wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes. Flip flops, sandals, etc. are not permitted in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Clothes may get dirty during the encounter. Please plan accordingly.
Wild Encounter Gift Certificate
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.