Wild Encounter: Aldabra Tortoise
Meet the ancient giants of Aldabra Atoll. See, feed, and touch one of the world’s largest living tortoise species in the only Wild Encounter experience that allows guests to share the same space with the animals.
- Meet at the Aldabra tortoise habitat in front of Scaly Slimy Spectacular 15 minutes before the Wild Encounter.
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 1 p.m.
- A ticket is required for all participants over the age of 3 years old.
- Anyone under 14 years old must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Children 2 years old and under are FREE and may attend, but are not permitted to feed the animals.
- Children 4 years old and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult in their group.
- Children 3 to 8 years old must be assisted by parent/guardian while feeding.
- A waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate. Participants who are under 18 years old and attending without a parent or guardian will need to bring a completed waiver with them.
- Wild Encounters must be reserved in advance.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within 10 days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Programs involving the Zoo’s animal collection are subject to change or cancellation based on animal needs.
- Please arrive at the designated area 15 minutes before your Wild Encounter.