Our mission is to provide equal access to procurement opportunities for minority and women-owned enterprises (MWBEs).
In addition, Zoo Atlanta encourages majority suppliers to support women and minority-owned firms through supplier development assistance, subcontracting opportunities, mentoring and/or the purchase of products from MWBE sources. We are committed to ensuring that our supplier diversity initiative strengthens the minority and women-owned businesses that are critical to the future of our business and the community we serve.
What is required to do business with Zoo Atlanta as a diverse supplier?
To be considered for business with Zoo Atlanta as a diverse supplier, the company must 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more persons from the following groups:
- African-American (includes persons whose origins are any of the black racial groups of Africa)
- Asian-Pacific American (includes persons whose origins are from Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific, or the Northern Marianas)
- Asian-Indian American (includes persons whose origins are from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh)
- Hispanic-American (includes persons whose origins are from Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean)
- Native American (includes American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts or Native Hawaiians)
- A woman-owned business (a company that is at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by a woman or women.)
Is certification required to do business with Zoo Atlanta?
Certification is not required. Each vendor will be required to submit W-9 and vendor status information if selected to provide products or services for Zoo Atlanta.
What criteria is used to select a diverse supplier to do business with Zoo Atlanta?
The criteria we use to select a diverse supplier are the same used to select a majority supplier. Suppliers are selected based on product quality, value-added service, competitive pricing and excellent customer service.
|Examples of Products and Services Procured by Zoo Atlanta|
|Accounting Services||Architecture Services|
|Audio Visual Equipment & Services||Construction Services|
|Engineering Services||Fund-raising Services|
|Gift Shop Inventory||Graphic Design Services|
|Horticulture Services||IT Services|
|Insurance Services||Janitorial Services & Supplies|
|Maintenance Services||Marketing Services|
|Medical Equipment||Office Furniture & Supplies|
|Printing Services||Produce & Hay|
|Public Relations Services||Security Services|
To learn about potential procurement opportunities at Zoo Atlanta please visit the vendor opportunities page.
If you have additional questions about Zoo Atlanta’s Supplier Diversity Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoo Atlanta is a proud member of the Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc.