Virtual Zoo Exploration
NEW this year, take a trip to the Zoo without getting on a bus! Harnessing technology as the vehicle, connect your students to animals, careers, conservation, and all things Zoo Atlanta through a Virtual Field Trip. Aligned with the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE), this program engages students in STEM concepts as they learn about Zoo Atlanta’s animal ambassadors and conservation initiatives. The program is facilitated by a Zoo Atlanta Educator through an online platform and includes standards-based curriculum to supplement the program. The program is designed for classes of up to 30 students and may be adaptable to other grade levels with advance notice at time of booking.
This program will be hosted on Zoom – an easy, cloud platform for video and audio interaction.
LENGTH: 60 minutes
- Students will take a live virtual tour of Zoo Atlanta with a focus on multiple on-grounds animal ambassadors, videos of animals exhibiting specific behaviors, and up-close animal encounters all hosted by a Zoo Educator.
- Experiences may also include explorations of specific biofacts and/or pre-recorded footage of Zoo Atlanta’s behind-the-scenes areas and/or animal training sessions.
- Engaging pre-activities aligned with GSE, as well as post-activities to further explore the topic.
- Choose from custom themes for PreK-12th Grade.
Available daily year-round
Select a start time from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Before July 1: $450
After July 1: $500
Come explore how animals are perfectly dressed for the weather as we visit a few animal ambassadors to examine their body coverings.
NGSS: K-LS1-1, K-ESS3-1
Why do birds start squawking when you walk by? See animals in action as we learn how animals utilize vibrations to create sounds and understand how those sounds can be used to send emergency alert signals across great distances.
GSE: S1P1. d
What happens when weather, animals and humans change the environment? Meet a few of our animal ambassadors as we discover how changes to the environment can be both positive and negative, as well as the roles that humans have in the process.
Bird feathers, elephant ears, reptile scales and mammal fur all play a vital role in the transfer and retention of heat. Explore how plants and animals capture and utilize the sun’s energy within an ecosystem.
GSE: S3P1, S4L1
NGSS: 4-LS1-2, 4-LS1-1
From mountains to deserts to deltas, discuss how these landforms are made and discover the unique adaptations that some animals use to live in these regions.
GSE: S5E1, S5L2, S6E5
Animals come in all shapes and sizes and there are multiple ways in which they can be classified. Explore species to investigate the diversity of living organisms and the ways they can be compared scientifically.
From rattlesnake tails to elephant feet, observe Zoo Atlanta’s animal ambassadors to discover how animals utilize mechanical waves to communicate across great distances.
Animals are uniquely adapted to their environment. Explore research at Zoo Atlanta and discover the ways animals have inspired new technologies and breakthroughs in science.
- Every group is required to complete a Virtual Program Waiver and adhere to our Virtual Programming Code of Conduct.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 WEEKS prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Wild Walks.
- Payment is due at least 4 WEEKS prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations Team.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULES
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 WEEKS prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 WEEKS prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 WEEKS before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.