Virtual Wild Walk
This live virtual tour focuses on visits to multiple on-grounds animal ambassadors with live interaction with a Zoo Educator. This virtual option is an alternative to the in-person Wild Walk programs.
This program will be hosted on Zoom – an easy, cloud platform for video and audio interaction.
LENGTH: 45 minutes
- This live virtual tour of Zoo Atlanta focuses on visits to multiple on-grounds animal ambassadors with live interaction with a Zoo Educator.
- Lessons aligned with GSE that include teacher curriculum for pre-and-post-activities.
- Choose from custom themes for PreK – 12th
Available daily year-round
Select a start time from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Run, jump, crawl and climb – animals have amazing adaptations to move, hide and stay alive. Tour the Zoo from the comfort of your classroom in this fun and engaging virtual exploration to observe animals in action and learn what makes them unique and maybe even similar to us.
GSE: SKL2, S1L1, S3L1, S5L2
NGSS: K-LS1-1, 1-LS3-1, 2-LS4-1, 3-LS3-1, 4-LS1-1
From the mighty oaks to the tiny terrapins, we are all connected on this Earth. During your virtual tour of the Zoo, learn about different roles that animals play in their ecosystems, and find out why biodiversity is so important.
Plants and animals around the globe face the threat of extinction and need our help. Take a trip around the Zoo virtually and learn about Zoo Atlanta’s conservation and research initiatives, and explore the ways the animals in our care are ambassadors for their wild counterparts.
- Every group is required to complete a Virtual Program Waiver and adhere to our Virtual Programming Code of Conduct.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 WEEKS prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Wild Walks.
- Payment is due at least 4 WEEKS prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations Team.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULES
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 WEEKS prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 WEEKS prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 WEEKS before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.