The Legacy Society
Zoo Atlanta is pleased to announce the Legacy Society, a giving society to recognize those who have named Zoo Atlanta in their estate planning. We invite you to consider joining Zoo Atlanta’s Legacy Society by making Zoo Atlanta a beneficiary to wills, living trusts, IRAs, and other life-income gifts. Your charitable bequest gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity: Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. It is as simple as:
- “I hereby give, devise and bequeath to Atlanta-Fulton County Zoo, Inc. (dba Zoo Atlanta), a Georgia nonprofit corporation, [written amount, a percentage of estate or description of property] to be used for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Flexibility: Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility: You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us. You can also make Zoo Atlanta a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or part of an IRA mandatory disbursement plan.
- Tax relief: If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
- Lifetime benefits for supporting our future
In addition to the prestige that is associated with being a member, the Legacy Society offers many special benefits such as:
- An invitation to our annual Donor Appreciation event
- Recognition on monitor within Zoo Atlanta
- Invitations to special events, lectures, programs, and private parties
If you are interested in adding Zoo Atlanta as a beneficiary, please contact your attorney or tax professional. If you have included us in your estate plan, you are already eligible to become a member of the Legacy Society. Please contact Michael Anderson, Director of Major and Capital Giving, at 404.624.5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start receiving your benefits.