The Legacy Society
What is the Legacy Society?
The Legacy Society is a giving society to recognize those who have named Zoo Atlanta in their estate planning. We invite you to consider joining Zoo Atlanta’s Legacy Society by making Zoo Atlanta a beneficiary to wills, trusts, life insurance policies, IRAs, and other retirement or gift planning assets. There are a variety of ways to leave a meaningful gift to support the future of Zoo Atlanta.
Simplicity: Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. It is as simple as:
“I hereby give, devise and bequeath to Atlanta-Fulton County Zoo, Inc. (dba Zoo Atlanta, tax ID #58-1655184), a Georgia nonprofit corporation, [written amount, a percentage of estate or description of property] to be used for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
Flexibility: Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility: You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us. You can also make Zoo Atlanta a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or part of an IRA mandatory disbursement plan.
- Tax relief: If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
- Lifetime benefits for supporting Zoo Atlanta’s future
In addition to the prestige that is associated with being a member, the Legacy Society offers many special benefits such as:
- An invitation to Zoo Atlanta’s annual Donor Appreciation Event
- Recognition on monitor within Zoo Atlanta
- Invitations to special events, lectures, programs, and private parties
If you are interested in adding Zoo Atlanta as a beneficiary, please contact your attorney or tax professional. If you have included us in your estate plan or IRA, you are already eligible to become a member of the Legacy Society. No dues or fees are necessary to participate in the Legacy Society, but there is a confirmation process.
To join, use one of the Legacy Society Membership Forms above, which will help us to ensure that your wishes with respect to your gift are fulfilled. This form is used to confirm your membership and internally document your gift which will be kept in the strictest confidence. Complete online or print and return the Legacy Society Membership Form to:
800 Cherokee Ave, S.E.
Atlanta, GA 30315
If you have any questions regarding this form or Legacy Society, please contact Cressie Lewis at 404.624.5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us privately at email@example.com or call 404.624.5820 to learn more about ways to give. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please recognize that Zoo Atlanta is not in the business of giving tax advice. The information on this page does not constitute legal or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Interested donors should seek independent legal and financial advice from competent legal and financial advisors.
Zoo Atlanta’s IRS name is Atlanta-Fulton County Zoo, Inc. d/b/a Zoo Atlanta. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; the tax ID number is 58-1655184.