As the sun sets on Zoo Atlanta, the fun is just beginning! Spend the night connecting to wildlife, participating in engaging activities, working toward badges*, and learning how you can help save species. Spend the night in climate-controlled, indoor facilities and wake up to the sounds of the wild! Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities. Our Scout NightCrawler events are specially tailored by level so that Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts can work toward petals, badges, belt loops and pins that are relevant to them.
Check out our Scout NightCrawler lessons.
* Badges are not provided by Zoo Atlanta.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING A NIGHTCRAWLER?
- Rain or shine. This program happens rain or shine, and much of the program is outside. Please plan for the weather and dress accordingly.
- The Zoo is made for walking! Most of this experience is spent walking around the Zoo, and many of the areas that we visit are not wheelchair accessible. Plan to spend up to 5 hours on your feet touring the Zoo and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Come with a full belly. While we will take a break for a snack in the middle of the evening, please eat dinner before you arrive. And remember to bring your water bottle with you.
- Embrace the dark. It’s called a NightCrawler for a reason. Explore the Zoo by the light of the moon and our educators’ red-light flashlight. Guests may only use flashlights at bedtime.
- Rustic camping meets the Zoo. All sleeping locations are in climate-controlled buildings with a restroom either in the building or nearby. We provide sleeping mats for your convenience, and you should anticipate a firmer night’s sleep than you may be accustomed to.
- Stay awhile. At the completion of your program the following morning, you are welcome to stay and enjoy the Zoo at your leisure.
- Have FUN! This unique experience is unlike anything that you can do in Atlanta. We look forward to hosting you for an upcoming program!
6:00 p.m. through 9:30 a.m. the next morning
- All program participants will enter through the Education Conservation Gate.
- Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Membership discounts do not apply.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your schedule program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of the original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.