Journey through Georgia (grades 7– 8th)
Students will explore Georgia’s natural wonders, such as the Barrier Islands, the Appalachian Mountains, and the Savannah River, examining the interdependence of organisms that live in these diverse environments.
Student Challenge: Explain the importance of these key Georgia features and how they relate to Georgia climate and geographic features.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Science:
- S7L4: A, C
- SS8G1: B, C
Select a start time from 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Programs lasts 2 hours.
$14.99 per participant (includes Zoo admission)
- Minimum group size is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students required and is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Zoo Challenge.
- All programs come with grade-specific activities to use at the Zoo, both before and after your visit.
- School Group Lunch Storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., during the school year. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- Pre-order your lunch! For just $6.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed two weeks prior to your visit.