Join us for a new twist on an old favorite!
Calling all Adventure Cubs, ages 0-5, and their favorite grownups for a morning of exploration, learning and fun! Embark on a new journey each month with a Zoo educator as families get to learn and play together. Spend time in the Zoo observing animals and taking part in engaging activities. This is a great opportunity to make friends, connect to wildlife, and spend time with your little explorers outside. All topics and activities are designed for ages 2-5, with opportunities for exploration for ages 0-2.
In the winter months (November through February), we will spend more time inside and will include an animal encounter. If the weather is nice, we will venture outside.
Looking for fun activities to do with your youngest explorers? Check out our Children’s Activity page for a list of fun options for your day at the Zoo.
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Every month, the Adventure Cubs will travel to a new region of the world to explore the animals and environments there! The purpose of each program is to expose young children to a new type of environment and to start drawing connections between different habitats and the animals that live there. For each adventure they go on, Adventure Cubs will engage in an activity, read a story, and create a take-away memory.
Saturday, December 7 and Tuesday, December 17
Visit: Animal encounter and/or time in the Zoo depending on weather
$18 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $4/each)
$10 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $2/each)
0-5 years old
- Time: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on pre-set dates.
- Advance registration required.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian.
- Program registration includes Zoo admission.
- Payment in full is required at time of reservation; reservations and payment required at least one week in advance of program date.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Family Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly. In cases of heavy rain or extreme cold, we will move the program inside.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!