Join us for a new twist on an old favorite!
Calling all Adventure Cubs, ages 0-5, and their favorite grownups for a morning of exploration, learning and fun! Embark on a new journey each month with a Zoo Educator as families get to learn and play together. Spend time in the Zoo observing animals and taking part in engaging activities. This is a great opportunity to make friends, connect to wildlife, and spend time with your little explorers outside. All topics and activities are designed for ages 2-5, with opportunities for exploration for ages 0-2.
Looking for fun activities to do with your youngest explorers? Check out our Children’s Activity page for a list of fun options for your day at the Zoo.
10 – 11:30 a.m.
Every month, the Adventure Cubs will travel to a new region of the world to explore the animals and environments there! The purpose of each program is to expose young children to a new type of environment, and start drawing connections between different habitats and the animals that live there. For each adventure they go on, Adventure Cubs will engage in an activity, read a story, and create an entry in an Adventure Cubs Memory Book.
Bamboo Forest Adventure
Saturday, March 2 and Tuesday, March 19
Visit: giant panda, red panda
Asian Forest Adventure
Saturday, April 6 and Tuesday, April 16
Visit: clouded leopard, Sumatran tiger, Malayan sun bear
American Farm Adventure
Saturday, May 4 and Tuesday, May 21
Visit: Petting Zoo animals
Tropical Rainforest Adventure
Saturday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 18
Visit: golden lion tamarins, two-toed sloth
African Savanna Adventure
Saturday, July 6 and Tuesday, July 16
Visit: elephants, lions, giraffes, zebra
Backyard Georgia Adventure
Saturday, August 3 and Tuesday, August 20
Visit: diamondback terrapins, eastern indigo snake, box turtle, bald eagle
$18 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $4/each)
$10 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $2/each)
0-5 years old
- Time: 10-11:30 a.m. on pre-set dates.
- Advance registration required.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian
- Program registration includes Zoo admission.
- Payment in full is required at time of reservation; reservations and payment required at least one week in advance of program date.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren)
- Family Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly. In cases of heavy rain or extreme cold, we will move the program inside.
Stay informed! Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. Subscribe or unsubscribe.