Calling all Adventure Cubs, ages 0-5, and their favorite grownups for a morning of exploration, learning and fun!
Embark on a new journey each month with a Zoo Educator as families get to learn and play together. Engaging activities will get you and your little one moving and creating. Each month, young explorers will learn about a new animal through a game, craft, story, and singalong. At the end of the program, participants will visit the animal of the month’s habitat to make observations and draw connections to the lesson. You and your family will then receive a themed scavenger hunt to do in the Zoo on your own. This is a great opportunity to make friends and spend time with your little explorers as they discover new skills and learn about wildlife.
All topics and activities are designed for children ages 2-5, with opportunities for exploration for ages 0-2. During the winter months, this program will be held indoors.
November 4 & 21,
December 2 & 19
January 6 & 18
February 3 & 15
March 2 & 21
April 6 & 18
May 4 & 16
9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Each month a new adventure awaits with new animals to observe. Adventure Cubs will explore a new region of the world to investigate the animals and environments there! The purpose of each program is to expose young children to the diversity of animals around the world and to draw connections to how we are similar and different. For each adventure they go on, Adventure Cubs will engage in an activity, read a story, and create a take-away memory.
Saturday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 21
Saturday, December 2 and Tuesday, December 19
Saturday, January 6 and Thursday, January 18
Saturday, February 3 and Thursday, February 15
Regal Red Pandas
Saturday, March 2 and Thursday, March 21
Saturday, April 6 and Thursday, April 18
Saturday, May 4 and Thursday, May 16
- November & December: $24 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $5/each)*
- January – May: $26 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $5/each)*
- November & December: $20 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $5/each)*
- January – May: $21 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $5/each)*
* Program registration includes Zoo admission.
0-5 years old
- Advance registration required. Program registration includes Zoo admission.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Family Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email email@example.com.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!