Calling all Adventure Cubs, ages 0-5, and their favorite grownups for a morning of exploration, learning and fun!
Embark on a new journey each month with a Zoo Educator as families get to learn and play together. Engaging activities will get you and your little one moving and creating. Each month, young explorers will learn about a new animal through a game, craft, story, and singalong. At the end of the program, participants will visit the animal of the month’s habitat to make observations and draw connections to the lesson. You and your family will then receive a themed scavenger hunt to do in the Zoo on your own. This is a great opportunity to make friends and spend time with your little explorers as they discover new skills and learn about wildlife.
All topics and activities are designed for children ages 2-5,with opportunities for exploration for ages 0-2. During the winter months, this program will be held indoors.
March 4 & 21
April 1 & 18
May 6 & 16,
June 3 & 20,
July 1 & 18,
August 5 & 15,
September 2 & 19
9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Each month a new adventure awaits with new animals to observe. Adventure Cubs will explore a new region of the world to investigate the animals and environments there! The purpose of each program is to expose young children to the diversity of animals around the world and to draw connections to how we are similar and different. For each adventure they go on, Adventure Cubs will engage in an activity, read a story, and create a take-away memory.
Saturday, March 4 and Tuesday, March 21
Saturday, April 1 and Tuesday April 18
Saturday, May 6 and Tuesday May 16
Saturday, June 3 and Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Saturday, July 1 and Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Saturday, August 5 and Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Saturday, September 2 and Tuesday, September 19, 2023
$24 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $5/each)*
$20 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional child participant will be $5/each)
* Program registration includes Zoo admission.
0-5 years old
- Advance registration required. Program registration includes Zoo admission.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance from other family groups and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Face masks are highly recommended but are not required for this program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- Family Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email email@example.com.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!
Connect With Your Wild Side #onlyzooatl