Atlanta Science Festival at the Zoo
Be one of the first to explore the Zoo with a new lens through the NEW Zoo Seekers program! Designed for families, this safe, self-guided discovery program engages participants to use their senses to uncover the unique ways that zoos participate in saving wildlife and wild places. With the help of a borrowed Exploration Pack containing observation and measurement tools, families will visit Zoo habitats and animals, completing hands-on activities and practicing skills used by scientists working to protect the environment. This program will engage participants of all ages, inspiring them to learn more about animals, the work of accredited zoos, careers, and the natural world.
Exploration Packs must be reserved in advance by registering below. Exploration Packs may be checked out for two-hour increments at the time you register. Your registration time will be linked to your timed ticketing Zoo entry.
DATE: Saturday, March 20, 2021
TIME(S): 9:30 am. – 5 p.m.
COST: Non-Members* – $24.99 adult, $18.99 child | Members – Free with advance registration
*Admission included in the cost of the program
- All participants must pre-register. No walk-ups allowed.
- Stop by the Education Station near the southern ground hornbill habitat to borrow the Exploration Pack. You will be allowed to keep the Exploration Pack during your two-hour session time. At the end of your session time, please return your Exploration Pack to the Education Outpost.
- All program materials will be sanitized between uses.
- Your contact information will be confirmed when you pick up the Exploration Pack in case we need to send you a reminder to return it.
- Your contact information will be kept confidential and will only be used in aggregate to learn about our program participants. You may receive an email invitation to provide feedback on your experience via a short survey.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates are $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- Effective January 15, 2021, masks will be required for all guests ages 2 and up.
- Mask requirements apply to general admission, as well as all in-Zoo experiences.
- Mask requirements also apply to guests who have been vaccinated for COVID-19.
- For your convenience, adult and child-size masks are available for purchase at Zoo Atlanta.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will sanitize all program materials after each family returns the Exploration Pack.