Now open: Treetop Trail presented by Kaiser Permanente
Take a walk on the wild side! The Zoo Atlanta experience climbs to new heights this spring.
Ever admired the skills of tree-dwelling animals? Get ready to test your own skills with the opening of a new aerial playground. Treetop Trail is presented by Kaiser Permanente and is made possible through generous support from the Atlanta Fulton County Recreation Authority.
Experience the Zoo from the perspective of our planet’s amazing animal tree-dwellers! Zig, zag, climb, walk, and balance as you navigate a series of rope ladders, bridges, nets and tightrope-style foot lines on a two-level challenge. Participants will be safely secured and tethered with full-body harness and lanyard to an overhead tracking system.
As you explore, you’ll learn more about the lifestyles and adaptations of arboreal animals. Do you have the effortless agility of a tree-cruising cruising orangutan, or do you prefer the laid-back pace of a sloth? You’re at your own pace as you take to the skies!
This experience will be open to Zoo visitors of all ages, but children must be 48 inches tall to participate without an adult chaperone. The course will be available as an add-on to Zoo admission. This experience will not be included as part of the All-Rides Wristband or Fun Pass.
- A waiver must be completed by each participant or guardian every time in order to participate.
- Participant must be 48 inches (122 cm) tall to participate without a responsible chaperone on Treetop Trail’s SkyTrail Navigator. Participant must be 48 inches (122 cm) to participate on Treetop Trail’s SkyRail.
- Participant must safely fit in the harness.
- Participant must be able to understand and demonstrate knowledge of all safety rules and the course environment to experience the attraction without a responsible adult.
- Maximum weight is 300 pounds (136 kg).
- Treetop Trail may close due to adverse weather conditions.
- Last ticket sold will be 4:30 p.m.