Ever wonder what the animals are up to after the sun goes down? Join us after-hours for an evening adventure for the whole family! Tour the Zoo at dusk, use night-vision technology, search for animals that you wouldn’t normally see during the daylight hours, and enjoy special activities that vary from season to season. Don’t miss this wild evening exploring the Zoo!
Masks are required for this program.
6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saving Species (September – November)
Take an inspiring tour of the Zoo after-hours and learn about all the ways that accredited zoos are helping animals survive and thrive! Hear firsthand how Zoo Atlanta works to reintroduce species back to the wild and how we give animals a head–start in life. Enjoy hearing success stories about some of your favorite animals, including Sequoyah the bald eagle and his rehabilitation journey to Zoo Atlanta. Take part in engaging activities that will better help you understand why zoos matter, and find out how you can become a conservation hero.
$20/person (3 and under are free)
$15/person (3 and under are free)
Program is open to all ages, but activities are geared to children ages 6+. Children 3 and under are free. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Advance registration required.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance from other family groups and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- In accordance with the recommendations from the CDC, all participants ages 2 and above are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- Family Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s award-winning education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.