Ever wonder what the animals are up to after the sun goes down? Join us after-hours for an evening adventure for the whole family! Tour the Zoo at dusk, use night-vision technology, search for animals that you wouldn’t normally see during the daylight hours, and enjoy special activities that vary from season to season. Don’t miss this wild evening exploring the Zoo!
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Wild Georgia (February – June)
Georgia is WILD with wildlife! Join us for an evening of exploration to learn about native Georgia animals and environments, and learn about ways you can protect local wildlife. Observe animals from around the world and be inspired to get out in your own backyard!
Saving Species (September – November)
Take an inspiring tour of the Zoo after-hours and learn about all the ways that accredited zoos are helping animals survive and thrive! Hear firsthand how Zoo Atlanta works to reintroduce species back to the wild and how we give animals a head–start in life. Enjoy hearing success stories about some of your favorite animals, including Sequoyah the bald eagle and his rehabilitation journey to Zoo Atlanta. Take part in engaging activities that will better help you understand why zoos matter, and find out how you can become a conservation hero.
$20/person (3 and under are free)
$15/person (3 and under are free)
Program is open to all ages, but activities are geared to children ages 6+. Children 3 and under are free. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- All participants 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and participants.
- Reservations are required prior to the program start dates.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- Family programs are subject to cancellation if fewer than 12 participants are registered.
- A registered chaperone MUST accompany each registered child, and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s award-winning education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.