Ever wonder what the animals are up to after the sun goes down? Join us after-hours for an evening adventure for the whole family! Tour the Zoo at dusk, use night-vision technology, search for animals that you wouldn’t normally see during the daylight hours, and enjoy special activities that vary from season to season. A light evening snack is included. Don’t miss this wild evening exploring the Zoo!
6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Bone to be Wild (October – November)
Bones aren’t scary; they’re scientific! Join us as we prowl around the Zoo while the sun sets, observing animals at dusk and looking at real animal bones. Don’t miss this opportunity to bone up on your knowledge of animal bones!
Wild Georgia (Spring 2021: February – May)
Georgia is WILD with wildlife! Join us for an evening of exploration to learn about native Georgia animals and environments, and learn about ways you can protect local wildlife. Observe animals from around the world and be inspired to get out in your own backyard!
$20/person (3 and under are free)
$15/person (3 and under are free)
Program is open to all ages, but activities are geared to children ages 6+. Children 3 and under are free. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES:
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- All participants 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and participants.
- Reservations are required prior to the program start dates.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian.
- Family programs are subject to cancellation if fewer than 12 participants are registered.
- A registered chaperone MUST accompany each registered child, and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s award-winning education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.