Summer is here! Safari Day Camp offers daily camps that bring out the animal in us all through hands-on learning, nature discovery and wildlife appreciation.
Held during school breaks throughout the year, Safari Day Camps provide a fun and exciting opportunity to learn about animals and nature in a spectacular outdoor environment.
Along with so many unique activities that captivate and teach your children, Zoo Atlanta has years of experience in offering outstanding educational programs and has a reputation as one of the city’s most prized and trusted organizations.
Check back for 2018 dates!
|Extended Care Drop-off||7:30 a.m.|
|Regular Drop-off||8-9 a.m.|
|Camp Start||9 a.m.|
|Half Day Pick-up||12-12:30 p.m.|
|Camp Ends||4 p.m.|
|Regular Pick-up||4-5 p.m.|
|Extended Care Pick-up||5-5:30 p.m.|
|* Extended care not availabe for Half-day Camp|
|Quest: Junior Keeper||$375/week*|
|*extended care + $50
|Quest: Junior Keeper||$338/week*|
|*extended care + $50
|Half-day Camp||4-6 (potty-trained)|
|Full-day Junior Ranger Camp||5-7|
|Full-day Ranger Camp||8-11|
A typical day at Camp includes:
- Up-close animal encounters
- Exclusive tours
- Arts and crafts
- Hands-on learning using pictures and biofacts
- Animal presentations and feedings
- Keeper talks
- Educational videos
Insider tips for parents:
- Food is energy.
- Make sure to pack a lunch every day (does not apply to Half Day Camp).
- If your child has dietary needs, prepare your own snack so he/she can stay happy and healthy.
- The animals are outside.
- Prepare your child for an outdoor environment.
- Consider sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Make sure you label your items with a name!
- Atlanta gets hot.
- Pack a water bottle every day, and instruct your child to use it frequently.
- Accidents happen.
- If you think that might be true, pack a change of clothes just in case.
- Age is important.
- Groups are based on age so everyone can have a good time.
- Zoo Camp is for kids.
- Parents can meet and greet at the gate, but the fun is for campers only.
- Leaving early or running late?
- Let us know so we can be ready for you (404.624.5822).
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.