Join us at Zoo Atlanta this summer for an exploration of all things WILD! From pandas to parrots to pine snakes, young explorers will be immersed in hands-on, minds-on learning while having fun! Zoo Atlanta’s Safari Camp Summer Session is the perfect summer break experience for children ages 4 to 14.
Select an individual week that fits in your summer plans, or spend the entire summer with us.
To find out if our Safari Camps are a good fit for you and your camper, please read our Parent Information Packet (PDF) prior to registering.
Weekly, May 29 - August 3*
|Extended Care Drop-off||8-8:30 a.m.|
|Regular Drop-off||8:30-9 a.m.|
|Camp Start||9 a.m.|
|Half Day Pick-up||12-12:30 p.m.|
|Camp Ends||4 p.m.|
|Regular Pick-up||4-4:30 p.m.|
|Extended Care Pick-up||4:30-5:30 p.m.|
|Extended care not availabe for Half-day Camp|
Each week campers embark on a different Zoo expedition, exploring wildlife and wild places. Whether it’s Conservation Crusaders, Animal Carnivale or Incredible Insects, each participant will be engaged in how they can save wildlife and wild places. See the themes and descriptions.
|Quest: Junior Keeper||$375/week|
|Extended care + $50
|Quest: Junior Keeper||$338/week|
|Extended care + $50
|Half-day Camp||4-6 (potty-trained)|
|Full-day Junior Ranger Camp||5-7|
|Full-day Ranger Camp||8-11|
A typical day at Camp includes:
- Hands-on, minds-on explorations
- Science-based investigations
- Up-close experiences with animal ambassadors
- Learning about animals from around the world
- Experiencing the Zoo’s living laboratory
- Exploring nature
- Having fun and making friends
Insider tips for parents:
- Food is energy.
- Make sure to pack a lunch every day (does not apply to Half Day Camp).
- If your child has dietary needs, prepare your own snack so he/she can stay happy and healthy.
- The animals are outside.
- Prepare your child for an outdoor environment.
- Consider sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Make sure you label your items with a name!
- Atlanta gets hot.
- Pack a water bottle every day, and instruct your child to use it frequently.
- Accidents happen.
- If you think that might be true, pack a change of clothes just in case.
- Age is important.
- Groups are based on age so everyone can have a good time.
- Zoo Camp is for kids.
- Parents can meet and greet at the gate, but the fun is for campers only.
- Leaving early or running late?
- Let us know so we can be ready for you (404.624.5822).
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email email@example.com.