Spring Break Session
Send your young explorer on a “discovery staycation” at Zoo Atlanta! Campers will explore nature’s rebirth in a program that combines fun and learning in a living laboratory setting! Each day participants are immersed in learning about animals from around the world, exploring the environment, and engaging in ways they can conserve nature through unique hands-on, minds-on activities.
Zoo Atlanta offers a daily themed Camp that creates a greater connection to wildlife and wild places.
To find out if our Safari Day Camps are a good fit for you and your camper, please read our (PDF) prior to registering.
Registration is full for the 2019 Spring Break Session. Still interested in sending your camper to Safari Camp? Please visit our Safari Camp: Summer Session page for more information and registration.”
Safari Camp hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Drop-off: 8:30-9 a.m., Pick-up: 4-4:30 p.m.)
*Extended care available for $10 per day from 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Inspired by Nature – April 1-5
Have you ever thought about where the design for Velcro came from? Or what flamingos and water filters have in common? There’s a good chance that the objects that you use daily were inspired by something in nature. Using animals as inspiration, campers will spend the week designing products that could have real-world applications and can hopefully lead to a more sustainable future.
(extended care + $10)
(extended care + $10)
Safari Camp is a great opportunity to engage young explorers about the wild world around them and begin their journey of conservation stewardship. Through Zoo explorations, up-close animal encounters, STEAM based projects, hands-on science activities, environmental games and more, campers learn about attainable strategies and goals to combat environmental issues and are charged with finding simple ways that they can make a difference.
While Zoo Atlanta is a great place to discover nature and wildlife, it is also important that campers have a chance to experience wildlife in a more naturalistic setting. Campers may travel out to Grant Park (which surrounds the Zoo) to participate in a variety of activities such as nature walks, environmental research and group team-building games. You will be notified during the welcome email prior to the beginning of the camp day/week to inform you of whether this experience will a part of your camper’s schedule.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
- Registration closes the Wednesday before at midnight.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Camp programs are rain or shine. However, Camp programs may be cancelled due to inclement weather, in which case the Zoo will notify participants of the cancellation as soon as possible prior to the program. If this happens, a full refund will be issued for the cancelled day. We will do our best to reschedule in the event of a cancelled program, but rescheduling is not guaranteed.
CHECK IN & PICK UP:
- Check-in and pick-up will occur via the Education Conservation Gate of the Zoo. The Education Conservation Gate is located in the south (right-hand) corner of the Cherokee Avenue parking lot.
- For your child’s safety, an adult 18 years old or older must check-in your child with Zoo Atlanta staff.
- To ensure the safety of all students, parents will be given a number when they check-in their students. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child knows this number. If you do not know this number, you will not be allowed to pick up the child.
- Participants arriving late must use the call box outside of the Education Conservation Gate to call Security.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email email@example.com.