2022 HomeSchool Academy Open House
Welcome new families and welcome back existing families!
HomeSchool Academy Open House provides homeschool families an opportunity to preview the 2022 HomeSchool Academy fall semester. This station-based exploration event will allow families to travel at their own pace and participate in hands-on activities, as well as talk to Education Team members about HomeSchool Academy and other Zoo educational opportunities. All activities will take place at the Conservation Action Resource Center (ARC) at the Zoo from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. During this event, families will be able to register for the semester; enjoy a special animal encounter at 11 a.m.; and take part in engaging, science-based activities. After the event, attendees are welcome to explore the rest of the Zoo. Space for this event is limited, so be sure to register soon!
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
$30/family of four; $5 per additional person; children under 2 are free.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. The Cherokee Avenue parking lot and the Grant Park Gateway facility are owned by the City of Atlanta and managed by AAA Parking. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES
- Face masks are highly recommended but are not required for this program.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to the program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Programs are rain-or-shine. Programs may be canceled due to inclement weather, in which case the Zoo will notify participants of the cancellation as soon as possible prior to the program. If this happens, a full refund will be issued for the canceled day. We will do our best to reschedule in the event of a canceled program, but rescheduling is not guaranteed.