Join Zoo Atlanta for a morning of learning and discovery designed specifically for homeschool students! HomeSchool Academy is a two-hour program that allows students to explore animal and science concepts in an engaging, interactive environment. Programs are grade-appropriate and include hands-on, minds-on activities and Zoo tours and hone students’ STEM skillsets in a collaborative environment. Register for a single class OR receive a 15% discount for registering for an entire semester!
Fall Exploration Semester
Spend the Fall Semester learning about different components of biological systems. Each month, students will build on prior knowledge to dive deeper into science concepts and make connections to the natural world. Students will use the Zoo as their classroom to learn about species and better understand how they can help save wildlife.
For more information please read our Homeschool Academy Information Packet (PDF).
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Individual class – $22.99
Entire Fall Semester – $78.16
Individual class – $18.99
Entire Fall Semester – $64.57
DATES AND TOPICS FOR 2019 -2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment is required at the time of registration.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
- Registration closes the Friday before at midnight.
CANCELLATION AND NO-SHOW POLICY
- “No-shows or cancellations” means the customer did not speak with us before the program.
- Refunds, reschedules, transfers or credits will not be issued.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to program will result in a loss or 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Space is limited in the programs, so only registered students can participate in the class.
- 1 parent per registered student and siblings 2 years old and under will be admitted into the Zoo for free while students are in class. Any additional parents and siblings will be admitted for a $10 fee which MUST be purchased at the time of registration. It not purchased at registration, a full-price ticket must be purchased at the main gate.
- Programs are designed to meet the needs of the specified age group. To make your child’s program a positive experience, we must adhere strictly to these groupings. Requests to put students into older or younger age groups cannot be accommodated.
- Classes vary somewhat in structure, but all include animal encounters, hands-on activities and time in the Zoo. These programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of the homeschool community. Besides learning important life science concepts, participants can interact with other homeschool students.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.
- This program is not licensed by the State of Georgia.
CHECK-IN AND PICKUP
- Please plan to check-in your child between 9:45 a.m. and 9:55 a.m., and pick up your child at 12 p.m.
- Check-in and pickup will occur at the Conservation Education Gate of the Zoo. The Conservation Education Gate is located in the south (right-hand) corner of the Cherokee Avenue parking lot.
- Early arrivals will not be admitted prior to 9:45 a.m.
- For your child’s safety, an adult 18 years old or older must check-in your child with Zoo Atlanta staff. Please note that you must park your vehicle and bring the child to the check-in located inside the Conservation Education Gate at the Conservation Action Resource Center (ARC) building – the Zoo can be very busy and the parking lot fills quickly – please plan accordingly.
- To ensure the safety of all students, parents will be given a check-out sticker (one per child) when they check-in their students. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child has this sticker with them. If you do not have this, you will not be allowed to pick up the child.
- Participants arriving late must use the call box outside of the Conservation Education Gate to call Security.
- If you are staying in the Zoo while your child is in class, you may enter and exit through the Conservation Education Gate during check-in and pick-up times only.