Join Zoo Atlanta for a morning of learning and discovery designed specifically for homeschool students! Homeschool Academy is a unique two-hour program that allows students to explore animal and science concepts in an engaging, interactive environment. Programs are grade-appropriate and include hands-on, minds-on activities and Zoo tours and hone students’ STEM skillsets in a collaborative environment. Register for a single class OR receive a discount for registering for an entire semester!
Spring STEAM Semester
Spend the Spring Semester learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Each month, students will build on prior knowledge to investigate, inquire and engage in STEAM concepts. As a giant living laboratory, students will use the Zoo as their classroom to learn about species and better understand how they can help save wildlife.
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Individual class – $20.99
Entire Spring Semester – $104.95
Individual class – $16.99
Entire Spring Semester – $84.95
DATES AND TOPICS FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment is required at the time of registration.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
- Registration closes the Friday before at midnight.
CANCELLATION AND NO-SHOW POLICY
- No-shows or cancellations means the customer did not speak with us before the program.
- Refunds, reschedules, transfers or credits will not be issued.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to program will result in a loss or 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Space is limited in the programs, so only registered students can participate in the class.
- 1 parent per registered student and siblings 2 years old and under will be admitted into the Zoo for free while students are in class. ALL additional parents and siblings will be admitted for an $10 fee which MUST be purchased at the time of registration. It not purchased at registration, a full price ticket must be purchased at the main gate.
- Programs are designed to meet the needs of the specified age group. To make your child’s program a positive experience, we must adhere strictly to these groupings. Requests to put students into older or younger age groups cannot be accommodated.
- Classes vary somewhat in structure, but all include animal encounters, hands-on activities and time in the Zoo. These programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of the home school community. Besides learning important life science concepts, participants can interact with other homeschool students.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.
- This program is not licensed by the State of Georgia.
CHECK IN AND PICK UP
- Please plan to check-in your child between 9:45 a.m. and 9:55 a.m. and pick up your child at 12 p.m.
- Check-in and pick-up will occur via the Education Conservation Gate of the Zoo. The Education Conservation Gate is located in the south (right-hand) corner of the Cherokee Avenue parking lot.
- Early arrivals will not be admitted prior to 9:45 a.m.
- For your child’s safety, an adult 18 years old or older must check-in your child with Zoo Atlanta staff. Please note that you must park your vehicle and bring the child to the check-in located inside the Education Conservation Gate at the Conservation Action Resource Center (ARC) building – the Zoo can be very busy and the parking lot fills quickly – please plan accordingly.
- To ensure the safety of all students, parents will be given a number (one per child) when they check-in their students. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child knows this number. If you do not know this number, you will not be allowed to pick up the child.
- Participants arriving late must use the call box outside of the Education Conservation Gate to call Security.
- If you are staying in the Zoo while your child is in class, you may enter and exit through the Education Conservation Gate during check-in and pick-up times only.