Certified Interpretive Guide Workshop
In partnership with the National Association for Interpretation (NAI), Zoo Atlanta is offering a professional certification course designed for anyone who delivers interpretive programs or speaks with the public. It combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical skills in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors. This course is additionally helpful for anyone leading training courses and presenting to varied audiences.
This 32-hour course includes:
- History, definition, and principles of interpretation
- Making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic
- Using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- Presentation and communication skills
- Certification requirements (50-question literature review; program outline; 10-minute presentation)
- All materials, workbook, and CIG course textbook
January 25, January 27, February 1 and February 3
(Attendance to all sessions is required for certification)
9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
*Attendance to all sessions is required for certification.
Course and certification: $380
- Instructor and certification fee
- 1-year professional membership and workbook
Course only: $230
- Instructor fee and workbook
Requirements for CIG Course:
Anyone age 16 or over with a desire to increase their knowledge and skills related to interpretation may participate. Membership in NAI is not required, but NAI members may pay a discounted fee to participate in the program. You can also elect to take the training without becoming certified. You do not have to be an NAI member to take the training course.
Please contact the Zoo Atlanta Education Department at email@example.com or 404-624-5822 with any questions.