Certified Interpretive Guide Workshop
Melissa King and Staci Wiech, in partnership with the National Association for Interpretation (NAI), are offering a professional certification course designed for anyone who delivers interpretive programs or speaks with the public. The course combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical skills in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors.
COURSE CODE: CIG021120K
9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
*Attendance to all sessions is required for certification.
With NAI certification: $380
- Includes instructor fee, certification fee, one-year professional membership, and workbook
Without NAI certification: $230
- Includes instructor fee and workbook
This 32-hour course includes:
- History, definition and principles of interpretation
- Making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized and thematic
- Using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- Presentation and communication skills
- Certification requirements (50-question literature review; program outline; 10-minute presentation)
- All materials, workbook and CIG course textbook
Requirements for CIG Course:
Anyone age 16 or over with a desire to increase their knowledge and skills related to interpretation may participate. Membership in NAI is not required, but NAI members may pay a discounted fee to participate in the program. You can also elect to take the training without becoming certified. You do not have to be an NAI member to take the training course.
Contact Melissa King regarding interest, cost, and questions at email@example.com or 404.624.5888.