Certified Interpretive Guide Workshop
LOCATION: Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Aquarium
- Oct. 2-3 at Zoo Atlanta | 800 Cherokee Ave SE Atlanta, GA 30315
- Oct. 5-6 at Georgia Aquarium | 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
$230 (The certificate is an additional $165)
The CIG Program
The nationally recognized Certified Interpretive Guide (CIG) certificate is designed for anyone in the interpretive field. Whether you’re a new hire, a professional looking to refresh your skills, or beginning a second career, this course will aid you in improving your presentation techniques. The course combines the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical strategies in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors.
There are two options for this course.
- Option one: take the course without obtaining the CIG certificate. ($230)
- Option two: take the course and add the certificate as a Certified Interpretive Guide (CIG). You will pay an additional fee for the certificate. The CIG lasts four years and comes with a complimentary one-year membership. If you are already a member of NAI we will extend your membership an additional year. ($395)
This 32-hour course includes:
- The history, definition, and principles of interpretation.
- Techniques on how to make your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic.
- How to use tangible objects to connect your audience to intangible ideas and universal concepts.
- The two requirements needed to obtain a CIG (program outline, and 10 minute interpretive presentation).
For more information about the course, please contact Zoo Atlanta’s Education Department at Education@zooatlanta.org or call (404) 624-5822.