“Birds, Backyards, and Beyond” CONTEST
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the “Birds, Backyards, and Beyond” contest (the “Contest”), visit www.zooatlanta.org and follow the on-screen instructions to enter. Entrants must submit name, email address and mailing address to be entered into the contest. Submissions for the contest will be accepted beginning at 10 a.m. local Atlanta time on February 17, 2023, and will end at 11:59 p.m. local Atlanta time on February 24, 2023. No purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase chances of winning.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Prize Winners (the “Winners”) will be selected by means of a random drawing to be conducted by Zoo Atlanta (the “Sponsor”) on February 27, 2023. The first entrant selected by the random drawing shall receive First Prize (“First Prize”); the second entrant selected by the random drawing shall receive Second Prize (“Second Prize”); and the third entrant selected by the random drawing shall receive Third Prize (“Third Prize”). Limit one prize per entrant drawn.
3. PRIZES: First Prize (“First Prize”) shall be the Winner’s choice of a “Catio” outdoor cat environment or a Birding Tour for Four at Zoo Atlanta to include four (4) general admission tickets to Zoo Atlanta. Second Prize (“Second Prize”) shall be a bag of bird-friendly coffee. Third Prize (“Third Prize”) shall be a selection of bird-safe window decals. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of prizes and is not responsible for prize utility, function, quality, or otherwise.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Participants must be (i) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”). Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: The Winners will be notified by email. Winners do not need to be present to win. If prizes are won by a minor, they may be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners’ parents or guardians may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release. Entry into the contest constitutes each winner’s parent’s or guardian’s agreement to sign such releases. Prizes may be awarded to alternate winners if (i) affidavit and releases are not signed and returned to Sponsor within ten (10) days after mailing to winner; (ii) prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable; or Winner does not respond to award notification within ten (10) days. Winners agree to use of name, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law; any such use with respect to a minor to be subject to prior approval of his or her parent or legal guardian.
6. GENERAL: This Contest is void in all areas where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Georgia. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within Fulton County, Georgia. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Entry materials that are incomplete or illegible may be deemed void and not accepted. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest or the announcement of the Winners; however, Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in any entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his or her entries) from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he or she tampers with the entry process, uses or is suspected of using automated software or computer programs to register for or enter the Contest, attempts to circumvent the terms of these Official Rules or if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict registrations and/or entries from any IP address if a suspicious registration and/or entry is detected or suspected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted at www.zooatlanta.org. By participating in the Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in the Contest, and agrees that no claim relating to damages, losses or injuries shall be asserted against the Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents or employees. By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the Prizes or participation in any Prize related activities. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNERS’ NAMES: Winner’s names will be announced on zooatlanta.org and on Zoo Atlanta’s official social networks.
8. SPONSOR: Zoo Atlanta, 800 Cherokee Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30315.
9. QUESTIONS: Call Rachel Davis of Zoo Atlanta at 404.624.2812.