A fun challenge for builders of all ages!
In celebration of Sean Kenney’s Nature POP! Made with LEGO® Bricks at Zoo Atlanta, we’re challenging builders everywhere to create their own favorite animals, Zoo Atlanta scenes, or animals from their imaginations for a chance to win a free one-year Family Membership to Zoo Atlanta!
As part of this challenge, we’re thrilled to announce that Mark and Steven Erickson, winners of FOX’s LEGO Masters Season 2 in 2021, will serve as our celebrity judges!
Here’s how to enter:
- Use LEGO pieces to construct your favorite animal, a scene from Zoo Atlanta, or an animal from your imagination. Need inspiration? Visit Sean Kenney’s Nature POP! at Zoo Atlanta to get your creative juices flowing!
- Take a photo(s) of your creation, and email the photo to email@example.com.
- Entries must include the following information: First and last name of entrant; age of entrant; and title of sculpture. Entries which do not include this information in full will not be considered. Parents or guardians may submit entries on behalf of children, making sure to include the child’s name and age.
- Any additional info you’d like to include on what inspired you to build your creation is a bonus!
The contest opens on Friday, May 13, 2022, and will close at 5 p.m. EST on Friday, July 15, 2022. Winners will be announced on Thursday, July 28, 2022.
Three winners will be selected based on the following age divisions:
- 10 and under
- 11 to 17
- 18 and up
Please note, winners’ names may be featured in Zoo Atlanta communications and/or Zoo Atlanta social networks.
Full Contest Rules
Zoo Atlanta “Build Your Best” CONTEST
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the “Build Your Best” contest (the “Contest”), visit zooatlanta.org and follow the on-screen instructions to enter. Entrants must submit name, email address, and other specified information to enter the contest. Submissions for the contest will be accepted beginning at 10 a.m. local Atlanta time on May 13, 2022, and will end at 5 p.m. local Atlanta time on July 15, 2022. No purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase chances of winning.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Prize Winner (the “Winners”) will be selected by being the creators of the winning structures as ultimately determined by Zoo Atlanta (the “Sponsor”), whose decisions concerning all matters related to the Contest shall be final. Limit one Prize per pre-specified age group (10 and under; 11 to 17; and 18 and up)
- PRIZES: Prize (the “Prize”) shall be a one-year Family Membership to Zoo Atlanta. Sponsor is responsible only for Prize delivery; and is not responsible for Prize utility, quality or otherwise.
- ELIGIBILITY: Participants must be (i) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”). Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Submissions are limited to contest participants within the above-specified age groups as of May 13, 2022.
- VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: The Winner will be notified by email. Winner does not need to be present to win. Winner’s parent or guardian may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release. Entry into the contest constitutes each winner’s parent’s or guardian’s agreement to sign such releases. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if (i) affidavit and releases are not signed and returned to Sponsor within ten (10) days after mailing to winner; (ii) Prize notification letter or Prize is returned as undeliverable; or (iii) winner does not respond to an email within 10 days. If Prize is won by a minor, it may be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner agrees to use of his or her name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law, any such use with respect to a minor to be subject to prior approval of his or her parent or legal guardian.
- GENERAL: This Contest is void in all areas where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Georgia. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within Fulton County, Georgia. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Entry materials that are incomplete or illegible may be deemed void and not accepted. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest or the announcement of the Winners; however, Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in any entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his or her entries) from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he or she tampers with the entry process, uses or is suspected of using automated software or computer programs to register for or enter the Contest, attempts to circumvent the terms of these Official Rules or if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict registrations and/or entries from any IP address if a suspicious registration and/or entry is detected or suspected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted at zooatlanta.org. By participating in the Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in the Contest and agrees that no claim relating to damages, losses or injuries shall be asserted against the Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents or employees. By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the Prizes or participation in any Prize related activities. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS’ NAMES: Winners’ names will be announced on zooatlanta.org and on Zoo Atlanta’s official social networks.
- SPONSOR: Zoo Atlanta, 800 Cherokee Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30315.
- QUESTIONS: Call Rachel Davis of Zoo Atlanta at 404.624.2812.