Family Zoo Yoga
Experience a connection to animals in a new way at the Zoo through our new Zoo Yoga program. During this hour-long program geared for families with children ages 4+, participants will enjoy a 30 to 40-minute yoga class including animal-inspired poses with our certified instructor. After the class, spend the remaining time learning more about the animals and find out how humans are connected to the featured species. Each month, the program will take place at a different location and focus on a different animal.
Meet our yoga instructor, Rashielle Teape! Rashielle began teaching yoga two years ago. She studied vinyasa yoga and received her certification in Miami, Florida, going on to teach in various studios, and discovering a passion for sharing the wonders of yoga with kids! Rashielle started a Zoo Yoga program at Zoo Miami in 2016, using the practice to bring kids closer to animals and their environment. Now a Georgia resident, she looks forward to continuing the adventure with new students! You can find more info at ThirdIslandYoga.com.
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
September – Giant pandas
October – Orangutans
$10 + Zoo admission
- Meets inside the front gate in Flamingo Plaza at 8:15 a.m.
- For Non-members, Zoo admission must be purchased before entering the Zoo.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian.
- All participants must pre-register. No walks-up allowed.
Stay informed! Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. Subscribe or unsubscribe.