Come bundle up with us this winter break and have a blast! Explore the animals of the Zoo’s living laboratory in the winter, through both indoor and outdoor activities! Campers will be immersed in hands-on learning about nature leading to a deeper connection to wildlife and wild places, while having fun and making friends.
Camp is offered daily with a weekly themed experience.
To find out if our Safari Camps are a good fit for you and your camper, please read our (PDF) prior to registering.
December 27 - 28, 2018
January 2 - 4, 2019
Safari Camp hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Drop-off: 8:30-9 a.m., Pick-up: 4-4:30 p.m.)
*Extended care available for $10 per day from 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Conservation Superheroes – December 27-28, 2018
Engage, Excite, Ignite! Kick off the new year learning how you can become a Conservation Superhero! Campers will be introduced to modern-day conservation superheroes and will learn how they can save wildlife and wild places. Campers will meet animals that need our help and learn how Zoo Atlanta is working to save species.
Zoo Technology – January 2-4, 2019
Through the power of technology, Zoo Atlanta and organizations around the world are working to understand and protect wildlife and their habitats. From exploring high-powered microspores to learning about radio telemetry, thermal cameras and more, young scientists will discover how technology is critical to wildlife conservation.
December 27 – 28: $140
January 2 – 4: $210
(extended care + $10)
December 27 – 28: $112
January 2 – 4: $168
(extended care + $10)
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Walk-up registrations are not accepted.
- Registration closes the Wednesday before at midnight.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation received 2 weeks or less prior to program start date will result in a loss of 50% of total cost of the cancelled reservation.
- Camp programs are rain or shine. However, Camp programs may be cancelled due to inclement weather, in which case the Zoo will notify participants of the cancellation as soon as possible prior to the program. If this happens, a full refund will be issued for the cancelled day. We will do our best to reschedule in the event of a cancelled program, but rescheduling is not guaranteed.
CHECK IN & PICK UP:
- Check-in and pick-up will occur via the Education Conservation Gate of the Zoo. The Education Conservation Gate is located in the south (right-hand) corner of the Cherokee Avenue parking lot.
- For your child’s safety, an adult 18 years old or older must check-in your child with Zoo Atlanta staff.
- To ensure the safety of all students, parents will be given a number when they check-in their students. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child knows this number. If you do not know this number, you will not be allowed to pick up the child.
- Participants arriving late must use the call box outside of the Education Conservation Gate to call Security.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: gift certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email email@example.com.