Come bundle up with us this winter break and have a blast! Explore the animals of the Zoo’s living laboratory in the winter, through both indoor and outdoor activities! Campers will be immersed in hands-on learning about nature leading to a deeper connection to wildlife and wild places, while having fun and making friends.
Camp is offered daily with a weekly themed experience.
To find out if our Safari Camps are a good fit for you and your camper, please read our (PDF) prior to registering.
Check back for registration!
Dec. 27, 28
Jan. 2, 3, 4
|Extended Care Drop-off||8 – 8:30 a.m.|
|Regular Drop-off||8:30 – 9 a.m.|
|Camp Starts||9 a.m.|
|Camp Ends||4 p.m.|
|Regular Pick-up||4 – 4:30 p.m.|
|Extended Care Pick-up||4:30 – 5:30 p.m.|
Themes for 2018 Winter Session coming soon!
$70 (extended care + $10)
$56 (extended care + $10)
A typical day at Camp includes:
- Hands-on, minds-on explorations
- Science-based investigations
- Up-close experiences with animal ambassadors
- Learning about animals from around the world
- Experiencing the Zoo’s living laboratory
- Exploring nature
- Having fun and making friends
Insider tips for parents:
- Food is energy.
- Make sure to pack a lunch every day.
- If your child has dietary needs, prepare your own snack so he/she can stay happy and healthy.
- The animals are outside.
- Prepare your child for an outdoor environment.
- Consider appropriate outerwear and pack a water bottle!
- Make sure you label your items with a name!
- Accidents happen.
- If you think that might be true, pack a change of clothes just in case.
- Age is important.
- Groups are based on ages so everyone can have a good time.
- Leaving early or running late?
- Let us know so we can be ready for you (404.624.5822).
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: gift certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.