Wild Weather (grade 6th)
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
Water, water everywhere! Dive in and explore how Earth’s water plays a vital role in animal migration and the life cycles of animals.
Student Challenge: Through interactive activities, students will understand how water impacts the life cycles of animals.
GSE in Science: S6E3
Select a start time of 10 a.m. or Noon.
Programs last 90 minutes.
$15.99 per participant (includes Zoo admission)
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 – Maximum of 40 per session
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor locations.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- All participants 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other team members, and program participants.
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for all Zoo Tours is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Zoo Challenge.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Bus parking is not available in the City of Atlanta public parking lots on Cherokee Avenue and Boulevard. As such, we recommend that buses park on the street. While buses are parked, please consider shutting off engines to promote a healthy environment for our neighbors.
- Car parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!