Ever wonder what the animals are up to after the sun goes down? Join us after-hours for an evening adventure for the whole family! Tour the Zoo at dusk, use night-vision technology, search for animals that you wouldn’t normally see during the daylight hours, and enjoy special activities that vary from season to season. Don’t miss this wild evening exploring the Zoo!
6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
$27/person (3 and under are free)
$22/person (3 and under are free)
Experience the Zoo in a new way on this guided after-hours tour! Join the adventure as we explore the Zoo using the latest research technology, and discover what the animals do when the humans are away!
On this tour, participants will have the opportunity to get hands-on with some of the technology used to study animals in zoos and in the wild. Our Zoo Educators will introduce participants to Forward Looking InfraRed technology, trail cameras, night-vision scopes, radio telemetry, and Passive Integrated Transponders. Participants will learn how these tools are used by humans to better understand and help animals.
Program is open to all ages, but activities are geared to children ages 6+. Children 3 and under are free. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Advance registration required.
- Cancellations received less than 1 week prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the reservation.
- A paid adult must accompany child(ren).
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Family Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email email@example.com.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s award-winning education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.